1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am **Stock** #1218 Southwest Chicago Area

Skip

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am (Indy Pace Car)
T-Top with Leather interior
55,000 Miles
Stock Car, Accident Free
Bought car 2 1/2 years ago had fluids and filters changed and had new swaybar bushings and End links installed and put 300 miles on it, added Sta-bil put in CarBag and it's been stored ever since!!!
Brought back out in May '15
Has the usual power options that all work except headlights are sporadic (bushings) headlight motors both work
Antenna and rear hatch are in good working condition
All gauges work
Interior is in very nice condition with no dash cracks, scratches, etc. 7/10
Seats are very nice for the age, normal wear on driver seat bolster
Headliner is also nice!
Body is straight with no dings, scratches, Rust, etc. 9/10
Cracks on original rear wing at mounting points
Undercarriage is very clean and rust free
Engine bay is super clean
Car always fires right up and runs hard and fast!!!
Trans shifts perfect with no hang ups or lag!!
Trans Pan has small leak, most likely when I had it replaced with new rubber pan gasket instead of a cork one (have receipt from mechanic that did work)
Handles and brakes well
A/C blows cool air, Compressor cycles, needs charge (which I will do if I have any R12 left)
Extras: Cold air intake, knock alert, straight pipe, tinted glass, CD player w changer
NO stock radio or collectors kit
Don't need to sell but not getting the use out of it that I intended, probably because of my other Pontiacs and Buicks so before I change my mind again it's up for sale!!

$17,000 obo (All reasonable offers will be considered)

PM me with any questions you may have and I'll answer as quick and honestly as I can.
PM me for appointment to view the car, available anytime,except mornings.
Serious inquiries only!
No Trades, etc
Sold AS-IS
Cash or Cashiers Check Only*
(Title will be released after cashiers check clears the bank)

Thanks for looking!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I checked out the car earlier this week and it is in great shape. Pulls hard, no knock, and looks pretty good too. The rear spoiler is cracked but the paint is pretty good shape, 8 out 10. The driver side seat is showing some wear but the interior is clean. So is the engine bay and underside is really clean too. Well taken care of car. The trans pan had a drip, probably needs a new gasket. It is pretty much stock.

Great car for someone looking for one that they can drive and take to cruise nights and work on a little. Fun, Fun Car. I miss that turbo whistle winding down. If I was in the market to buy one, this would be it.