1989 Pontiac : Trans Am TTA #871

ProjectWE4

C. Horel
Vehicle Description

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans AM

What I have for sale here is rare (#871 of 1555) 1989 Turbo Trans AM

I have owned the car for a little under a year. I purchased it locally of a friend who was moving on to bigger and better things, and I couldn't pass up this rare car. I have also owned my Buick WE4 T-Type/Grand national (that is also for sale) for a few years now as well, so I am familiar with these cars. If you have any questions about either one feel free to email me at projectwe4@hotmail.com There is nothing wrong with either one of these vehicles, it is just time to move on to a different project, so these have to go.

The body just turned 200k miles and its still wearing the original factory paint, so as im sure you could guess, it has seen better days. The cars hood is in need of a paint job.

As far as dents, and the overall shape of the body, its in great shape, no large or obvious dents or dings, just fading paint.

At 162,xxx miles the motor was rebuilt, and a lot of parts replaced. The car starts up every time like a charm, and runs great. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car across country! Below is the list of what was rebuilt / replaced at 162k

The interior is also the factory interior with 200k miles on it. The front seats have seen better days as well, which is why the seat covers are over them. The rear seats are in pretty good shape considering the mileage and year of the car.

All power options that came with the car are still in great working condition.

Engine was rebuilt, and the following major parts were installed. (Please see pictures of the actual invoice, with a total of over $5000 in parts!

" .010 oversized GM pistons
" stock gm lifters
" Crower valve springs and the list goes on ( again please see pictures of the receipts for a more detailed list)

Transmission, Suspension, and Drive train

" Fully Built 200r4 Transmission by Performance Transmission of Las Vegas capable of nine second passes.

" Transbrake
" Art Carr non lock up 3500 Stall
" B&M mega shifter in console with the original one as an extra
" Stock suspension
" stock rear end
" Stock TTA front and rear rims with new tires all around (falken p245/50zR16 )

Performance and Modifications

" Dual fan setup up from ramcharger
" stock turbo and stock injectors
" Upgraded 340 walbro fuel pump with hotwire kit
" adjustable fuel pressure regulator
" stock throttle body
" ported intake manifold and match ported heads
" stock headers
" Comp 206/206 cam
" Stock intercooler ( BRAND NEW)
" Innovative progate - External wastegate
" 3 Inch downpipe
" Full ATR cat back dual exhaust.
" Manual Boost Controller
" Custom Driveshaft loop
" 7 Piece billet aluminum pulleys set, Race or Stock Style Billet Aluminum Crank Pulley Razor Billet Aluminum Water Pump Pulley Razor Sryle Power Steering Pulley Razor Style Idler/tensioner pulley Razor Style Billet Aluminum Alternator Pulley
" Chrome Plated Aluminum Alternator Fan

Interior

" autometer boost guage 30 psi
" autometer oil pressure gauge
" 6 point roll cage by qualafab inc
" 5 point SFI racing harness for both passenger and driver seat.
" custom made floor mats with TTA embroidery and car number ( Number 871)
" New t-Top seals ( not yet installed, but are included

I also have a set of Center Line Convo Pro Wheels drag rims 15x8 rears and 15x4 fronts

Pictures: TTA & WE4

Price $6500.00 for Car
Or $6800.00 With the center line convo pro rims.

7500.00 Here is all the info about the car.

1987 Rare Turbo T WE4 Grand National. One of 1,547 produced. 3.8 SFI Turbo. Black w/ WO2 blackout option, and tinted glass, all options except T top & digital. Air conditioning. Electric rear window defogger. AM/FM/Cassette Player. Power door locks. Power windows. Cruise control. Trip odometer. Tilt Steering. Rear spoiler. Non Smoker.

I am the third owner of this car. The second owner purchased it in 1989 and sold it to me in March of 2003 The car was bone stock up until I purchased it.

This car has ran a best of 12.43 @107 with the old turbo and injectors on mild boost (TE44 turbo) With this PT61(less then 300 miles on this turbo) this car is capable of low 11 second passes at the track and great spool.

The transmission in the car was built by Len at Performance Transmission of Las Vegas and has been proven to go 9’s. The car pulled low 1.7 60fts last year with bald tires on the old turbo. This year I suspect It would be able to cut high 1.5’s with good tires. It leaves the line HARD. The transmission has about 7,000 miles on it and I have all receipts and documentation as well. Transmission is also equipped with a transbrake.

The rear end was rebuilt in February of 2004. Along with new U-joints, and a new axle.

I have owned the car for about two years now and have had a lot of fun with it. I purchased an 89 Turbo Trans Am so this car has to go. This car has been raced occasionally, but it has been taken care of it Only quality parts have gone on it, and I have made sure everything has been done right.

The car its self has 150,xxx miles on it, The engine has 38,xxx

The only thing this car needs is a paint job and a new interior roof lining, the body itself is straight but the only dent is the size of a cotton swab on the left rear driver side panel. Depending how picky you are the floor carpeting could be replaced, but its not that bad. Everything else is in great shape for the year of the car.

For the modifications:

Engine:
Precision PT 61 w/ adjustable waste gate
Reds XP (340) Fuel Pump
Hot Wire for Fuel Pump
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
65lb High Z Injectors
RJC Power Plate

Transmission:
Performance Transmission from Las Vegas --Len Freeman (good for 10 to 9 sec. passes)
2004R with Trans Brake
3000 Billet Stall 9X11

Intake:
Kenne Bell Ram Air Intake

Exhaust:
3” DP with Cutout
Stock Cat Back

Cooling:
Stock Intercooler
B&M Transmission Cooler
160 Degree Thermostat with Billet Housing

Interior:
B&M Mega Shifter

Suspension:
New Polyurethane Body Bushings
H&R Parts N Stuff Upper Adjustable Control Arms
Kenne Bell Traction Bars
Drive Shaft Safety Loop
Front End Brace Kit

Brakes:
Vacuum Brakes
GM Drum Brakes w/ S10 Brake Cylinders
New GM Rotors w/ Pads not installed
Vacuum Block TT/A Billet

Gauges:
Nos Fuel Pressure Gauge
Caspers Electronics Knock Gauge
Auto Meter 30PSI Boost Gauge

Tires:
Fronts: 225/50ZR16
Rears: 225/50ZR16
Extra Rims for slicks Bart Wheels 15x8, 5 on 5 ¾,

TTA Price $6500.00 for Car
Or $6800.00 With the center line convo pro rims. That is as low as I can go. This car is not a perfect show car, but for the price that it is at that is pretty good, especially for all the stuff done to it. To go fast with this car all you need is a turbo injectors and if you perfer a front mount. everything else is done. This car needs to go its just sitting in the garage and not getting used like it should. For rust on the car there is a little surface rust thats it. (door jambs)

Hi!

If you still have the car for sale we have a deal on it!

Let us know!

Thanks!

I believe after he was stroked on the Buick sites he Ebay'd it :p sold a while ago .. someone here prob still has the auction :cool:

Grumpy said:
I believe after he was stroked on the Buick sites he Ebay'd it :p sold a while ago .. someone here prob still has the auction :cool:
Uhuuuuu..... and that means what? Is the car up for sale again or what?

Greatings from sunny Sweden! :cool:

The Swede said:
Uhuuuuu..... and that means what? Is the car up for sale again or what?

Greatings from sunny Sweden! :cool:

he just had it for sale for a while and finally threw it on Ebay .. It did sell providing the guy came threw with the $$$ .. I have one coming up for sale in the next week :cool: