1988 Mustang LX/GT

John N

1988 Mustang LX/GT

I have a 1988 Mustang hatch for sale. It is an LX with the GT package so it has the 5.0, 5 speed without the extra body moldings of a GT. Kind of like a factory sleeper I guess. I believe it has 107,xxx miles judging from the odometer, but the previous owner stated it had 150,000 on the title when she signed it over from her husband's name last November. The motor starts right up and runs great. The trans shifts well. The clutch could use some adjustment. It pulls to the left so an alignment would be needed. I may have these issues taken care of if I have it long enough. No rust, body is pretty straight and solid. It's all stock as far as I know. It has a new battery. It's a fun reliable car.

More pictures can be seen here... SS86/88 LX GT - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

$3000 obo
JohnNeville@Gmail.com
08080 South Jersey

ATV--Mustang017.jpg

ATV--Mustang020.jpg

ATV--Mustang022.jpg

I'll know by Thursday or Friday. He said he has the money though so I'm pretty sure its gone.

Not bad for the price. I used to be a 'mustang' guy, mine was more of a rustang though. You said it's an 88? I thought after 86 they went to a MAF setup? That looks to be speed density still. I could be wrong as usual though. :)

I think they went to MAF in 89. My friend was coming Wednesday, then today, and now Monday. I'm interested in this Turbo T Shook0002. PM sent.

Not bad for the price. I used to be a 'mustang' guy, mine was more of a rustang though. You said it's an 88? I thought after 86 they went to a MAF setup? That looks to be speed density still. I could be wrong as usual though. :)

Only California Mustangs had mass air on 88 models all the others started with mass air in 89.:wink:

Learn something new everyday. :) Mine was an '89 so that makes sense. FWIW, I still have parts for it if the buyer of this is interested... :)

Hey, I actually live in Philly the car is at my parents off of sicklerville rd. Right now I'm sidelined with the flu, so I won't be able to do anything until next week. If your buddy is going as far as to selling his truck and all by all rights he should have 1st dibs. But I'll get in touch with you when I get better. Heres some pics, 103K miles, sunroof car, clean interior, burgandy on grey interior, floors-trunk-underhood all clean and rust free, some minor repairable bottom of doors(not all chewed out like they get).

m_ca4b5be3720cebdcdacdbaa3a6af0c4f.jpg

m_9d64e3ee8c6b556d6cafa95afb92193f.jpg

m_3416ee6d7f0d62893c02c33c5bbf3e85.jpg