1987 WE4 only 14800 original miles

nick19

2 owner car all orig paint , only fillers replaced and match car perfectly. Orig wheels and tires, analog dash, concert II stereo and all power options including pw moonroof of which approx 200 we4's were made of the 1547 produced in 87. All paperwork from new incl orig title and all GM manuals, one of the most documented buicks I have seen. Asking 31500.00. I will post pics soon

Forgot to add that the asking price also includes a set of correct offset gnx style wheels exact replicas of originals with 245fronts and 255 rears, Falken tires, caps lugs and black lug caps included. Custom car cover and brand new still in the box Retrosound stereo that fits without any mods to original opening, ideal for using USB, iPod and sat radio, never installed. Having difficulty posting pics but I will email those who are interested. This is the next collectible in the future , 547 gnx's and 1547 we4's.

Price Reduced ! WE4 is still for sale with all the above except for the gnx wheels, car is available for $28900.00 bottom dollar firm ! Zip code for a shipping quote or for distance inquiry is 49783 upper Mi. No fire sale here, this is a near perfect car. Thanks

So, to reinterate, were all we4 black with the wo2 option? What was the break down on the different roof options. Is this a hardtop car? Not all type T cars were we4 cars? These are mysterious and some of the information was misleading on the net. Some sources say the early cars were black with the black trim while later cars had chrom bumpers? Does that mean they could be had in other colors? Ive seen some colored cars with the we4 interior. Does anyone know what the scoupe is?

All we4 cars are all black. No chrome. The we4 had the same interior as any other T with bucket seats.
A T with the w02 option had the black out package but they also had chrome bumpers.
The we2 (grand national) had the special interior.

I spoke with Nick. He seems to be a real big TB enthusiast. I did not buy the car but he did send me pictures and it is real clean. I was lucky enough to find a local car which I purchased.I encourage anybody who might be a serious buyer to contact him. Good luck Nick and yes you really need to upload some pictures.

we4 cars were also referred to as the "lightweight GN". Lighter in weight so technically faster. That is per Buick and not me saying that.

03Mach1 posted the correct info on the we4, and yes pics are always nice, but I was having difficulty posting pics so emailing those interested is what I've been doing. Adam, if you still have my pics post a couple on here for me. Thanks . And p.s to the guy that wrote. 30k and no pics ?? Come on. all you had to do was pm me and I would have obliged. Just saying

Email me the pics and I'll host them for you. Always happy to help another Canadian out. :)

WE4 is referred to as the Turbo T by Buick in their ad literature and the only car that Buick ever gave the Turbo T designation to. I wish I could find the old ad I have depicting it as so. The Turbo T did not have a spoiler from the factory, but you could've got one as a dealer ad on. It also had the aluminum T wheels with the black tri-shield center caps, all gray interior, and aluminum bumper braces; VD6 and VD7.

Last edited:
WE4 is referred to as the Turbo T by Buick in their ad literature and the only car that Buick ever gave the Turbo T designation to. I wish I could find the old ad I have depicting it as so. The Turbo T did not have a spoiler from the factory, but you could've got one as a dealer ad on. It also had the aluminum T wheels with the black tri-shield center caps, all gray interior, and aluminum bumper braces; VD6 and VD7.

I thought buick changed the name of the t-types to turbo t for the 87 model year? I think you may be mistaken but if not I learn something new daily on this board. :smug: I know in november of 86 the we4 was an option to the turbo t that was made available for only 1,547 cars. It was to market a car just like the gn similar in appearance but lighter and technically faster. I have copies of the dealer bulletin and order guides. Intereating that only the WE4 was the only turbo t.

Come to think of it, there are nonturbocharged Ts and the T package is strictly ornamentation. So in essence, I guess you could call any LC2/Y56 car a Turbo T. In that case, I guess I have a Regal Limited Turbo T.

Last edited:
I looked at what copies of the dealers' order guides I have and I see exactly what rodruckus is talking about in post #16. There was the T package and then what they called the Turbo T package which indeed was named when the WE4 option was available in late November into December. (y)

Now it is even more confusing to explain about these cars as they are referred to t-types, GN, Regal, etc. Having a WE4 is hard to explain to people what exactly it is. When people refer to my car as a GN I am just going to go with it as I get tired of explaining it, lol. :yuck:

Save yourself the headache and let them think what they want to think. Since they always seem to be the expert. Nice Monte Carlo. Thank you. That thing got a 350? Yup. Those things came with twin turbos. How'd ya know?

Last edited: