1987 t-type for sale

BULL

relisting my t-type for sale. :frown:

in the interest of honesty--there something wrong with the motor. have not fully dx the problem yet and not sure i ever will. car was running and driving and smoking a bit and fouling #1 plug when i took to mechanic. have partially torn down (drivers side head off) and found a previous owner has replaced #1 and #3 pistons, and something is not right with them. basically, long story short, it appears i would need to replace the short block.

basically, i am kind of sick of this money pit. i have other things that i could be spending my $$ on. the car has a lot of nice parts on it. i think its time to cut my losses and get rid of her. that being said, i do not intend to give it away. car is clean, no rust, excellent paint.

if you are serious about wanting to buy this car, i will gladly send you pictures. the last time it was up for sale, i just got a lot of picture collectors and no offers.

here is the link to previously posted. it should have all the pertinant info and pics.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/234554-1987-t-type-sale.html

location is right outside Augusta, GA.

e-mail fixed

sorry, had an old e-mail address on file.
it has been corrected.

price

price is $8500 as she sit. looks the same as it did in the photo's, just has partially disassembled motor.
lots of great parts on this vehicle.
new turbo, champion aluminum heads, wheels, excellent paint, no rust.
needs nothing but a new "bullet" and some minor tlc,
to make this an excellent car.

car went 11.87, with worn out turbo and this motor.

BULL.

I Know this car and I know for a FACT that the previous owner did not replace pistons in this car.. Bump for a good deal though the car is SUPER clean and rust free !!:D

mileage--according to the dash about 116k, not sure this is accurate. vehicle has been restored once or twice by prior owners, may parts have been replaced.
double deuce--i would agree that the last previous owner did not replace the pistons. but looks like one of the previous owners did. not sure who did it, and not blaming anyone. just stating the condition of the engine, for the potential buyer. is there any other info you can give me on the car? i would appreciate it.

BULL.

anyone?
super clean, no rust. drop a motor in it and go fast.
new turbo, built trans. built rear end.
taxes will be comming back soon.
if no interest, guess i'll keep it and rebuild the motor.

BULL.

price reduction, update and last ttt

some new info:
do not have access to a bore guage, but took a couple mechanical locking calipers and a micrometer and measured the bore on all three exposed cyclinders (drivers side). all three measure out the same and all appear to be "10 over". the #1 and #3 pistons have dots on them, and i have been told those are "stock" pistons. the #5 piston has an arrow and "25" on it. therefore i have deduced that the block has been bored, and A prior owner burned some pistons and put some stocker back in with bigger rings (maybe same rings). (yes, i know all this is not completely accurate, just trying to provide info).
car was running and driving to mechanics shop before teardown. i am thinking something simple here.
basically i have the $$ to fix now, even if complete rebuild is necessary. willing to reduce price for quick sale by next weekend (03/23/08) to $7500 firm. first one to bring me $7500, can put it on a trailer and take her home. if no sale by then, repairs will commence.
remember--this is a southern car, nice paint, has lots of nice parts, just needs some motor work.
if you are serious, pls pm me and i will give you my number and we can talk. thanks

BULL/mike.