1987 Silver Turbo T 49k miles

qwksilver

CAR IS SOLD, THANKS ALL!

It’s the one I said I’d never sell. I’ve not had it out to a track in about 5 years and I’m now moving out of state and it needs to find a new home. Hope one of you guys want it. Have the clear and clean title ready to go just need a buyer.

It has 49,377 original miles. Have all paperwork including factory window sticker. Factory Astroroof. Original Silver paint with grey cloth interior. Interior in excellent condition except for sagging headliner. Last ran 6.98 seconds at the 1/8 mile Denton track with 22 lbs boost and race gas (translates to a 10.99 sec quarter mile), was going to turn up the wick more but ran out of time. Car runs very very strong – traction around town is a problem even with the Nitto drag radials.

I’m the second owner. With a lot of help from Jay Carter (Admin JayC here - a Big Thanks!), it has been modified quite a bit.

Not including the price of the car, I’ve invested well over $15,000 in performance parts and upgrades.

Price is $12,500, or make an offer.
Car is located in Flower Mound TX (Dallas suburbs)

Here’s the good and the not-so-good:

GOOD:

• Bottom End Balanced and Blueprinted – done by Wayne Calvert in Denton (NHRA record holder) - $1600
  • JE Forged Pistons - $600
  • ATR RP309H Roller Cam .515 intake/.504 exhaust - $1000
  • Ball Bearing T-72 Turbo w/polished housing - $1600
  • Siemens 72 lb injectors - $450
  • 3” in/out Precision (PTE) Front mount intercooler - $800
  • Ported/polished/flowed iron heads w/3 angle valve job - done by Trevor Johnson – have data, these flow about like Champions -208/178 CFM In/Ex -$900
  • Ported intake manifold, ceramic coated – original intake included with sale - $90
  • 3.5” LS1 MAF and translator - $175
  • Aluminum radiator from Jay's car
  • 3 Billet main caps - 2 center and the rear
  • Built 200-4R transmission w/trans brake – I got it from one of the Houston club members (Neil White I think) - $1500
  • Art Carr 9” 3500rpm stall torque converter, original converter included with sale - $600
  • 4” “Big Mouth” cold air intake with K&N filter - $190
  • 70mm Accufab Throttle body/Precision plenum/RJC power plate - $600
  • Red’s Double Pumper fuel pump, hot wired, Hobb’s switch - $500
  • ATR SS headers – ceramic coated – $900
  • 3” ATR SS downpipe – ceramic coated - $550
  • Spare TH downpipe included with sale
  • 2.5” ATR catback SS dual exhaust - $450
  • Ceramic coated factory valve covers - $40
  • Billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator - $100
  • Boxed upper and lower rear control arms – included with sale but not installed - $100
  • Lightweight GM starter - $125
  • Electric water pump (Craig Davies EWP) - $275
  • External Derale transmission oil cooler -$150
  • Hughes finned 4” deep transmission pan – $200
  • PTE External “Turbo Saver” oil filter - $180
  • Hi volume front cover with high volume oil pump - $320
  • Eric’s Turbo Tweak Custom chips, 1 street and 1 race chip - $170
  • HR Parts N Stuff poly engine and transmission mounts - $340
  • Lightweight (hollow) 36mm front sway bar – included but not installed - $100
  • ATR large rear sway bar - $240
  • New front brakes with ceramic pads – included but not installed - $100
  • Aluminum rear brake drums – included but not installed - $75
  • Air bag right rear - $40
  • IAC angle boss - $70
  • Magnacore 10mm plug wires - $100
  • A pair of drag slicks mounted on spare wheels included - $250
  • Braces behind rear seat and cross braces added up front - $80
  • 3” Straight pipe “test pipe” w/cutout (in place of cat converter) - $100
  • Original cat converter plus a high-flow Magnaflow 3” cat converter
  • New 3 year guarantee battery
  • Casper's grounding kit
Not-So-Good:

• Sagging headliner needs repair
  • Could use a paint job as the original factory paint is not looking so shiny anymore
  • A/C needs a recharge or converted over to R134
  • Radio antenna does not go up anymore – repair kit included with sale
  • Rear bumper fillers are getting tired
  • Needs a safety inspection sticker
__._,_.___
Phone me, email me, or PM me here. No tire kickers please.

Gary Busby

2z4brjd.jpg

352k8wn.jpg

105s5ly.jpg

serv
__,_._,___

Nice car. Should fly with that build. Might want to take some pics that show the exterior color better. GLWS.

WOW, looks like a real nice "survivor" type. And the power dr seat and moonroof that I have heard was unavailable together make this a cool unit.

GLWS. unfortunately I didnt hit the power ball the other night. I think you will regret selling it. Plenty of ways to get it to where you are going. Can I get a "RoadTrip"?

I see the car came from a dealer in MI. Did you bring it to Texas? and a free bump

WOW, looks like a real nice "survivor" type. And the power dr seat and moonroof that I have heard was unavailable together make this a cool unit.

GLWS. unfortunately I didnt hit the power ball the other night. I think you will regret selling it. Plenty of ways to get it to where you are going. Can I get a "RoadTrip"?

I see the car came from a dealer in MI. Did you bring it to Texas? and a free bump

i have had a few cars with cf5 moonroof and power seat. currently at my shop i have a 85 gn with that combo and a 86 t type with that combo.

good luck with sale sounds like a nice car . free bump

Does it still have the sunshade intact and was it a smoker's car? I hate cigarette burns. I had a 86 Gn with astroroof but the sunshade disintergrated. Sold it when the wife wanted out. Now we're doing much better and I'm beginning to look again.