1987 Rare Turbo T WE4

ProjectWE4

C. Horel
1987 Rare Turbo T WE4 Grand National. One of 1,547 produced. 3.8 SFI Turbo. Black w/ WO2 blackout option, and tinted glass, all options except T top & digital. Air conditioning. Electric rear window defogger. AM/FM/Cassette Player. Power door locks. Power windows. Cruise control. Trip odometer. Tilt Steering. Rear spoiler. Non Smoker.

I am the third owner of this car. The second owner purchased it in 1989 and sold it to me in March of 2003 The car was bone stock up until I purchased it.

This car has ran a best of 12.43 @107 with the old turbo and injectors on mild boost (TE44 turbo) With this PT61(less then 300 miles on this turbo) this car is capable of low 11 second passes at the track and great spool.

The transmission in the car was built by Len at Performance Transmission of Las Vegas and has been proven to go 9’s. The car pulled low 1.7 60fts last year with bald tires on the old turbo. This year I suspect It would be able to cut high 1.5’s with good tires. It leaves the line HARD. The transmission has about 7,000 miles on it and I have all receipts and documentation as well. Transmission is also equipped with a transbrake.

The rear end was rebuilt in February of 2004. Along with new U-joints, and a new axle.

I have owned the car for about two years now and have had a lot of fun with it. I purchased an 89 Turbo Trans Am so this car has to go. This car has been raced occasionally, but it has been taken care of it Only quality parts have gone on it, and I have made sure everything has been done right.

The car its self has 147,xxx miles on it, The engine has 38,xxx

The only thing this car needs is a paint job and a new interior roof lining, the body itself is straight but the only dent is the size of a cotton swab on the left rear driver side panel. Depending how picky you are the floor carpeting could be replaced, but its not that bad. Everything else is in great shape for the year of the car.

For the modifications:

Engine:
Precision PT 61 w/ adjustable waste gate
Reds XP (340) Fuel Pump
Hot Wire for Fuel Pump
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
65lb High Z Injectors
RJC Power Plate

Transmission:
Performance Transmission from Las Vegas --Len Freeman (good for 10 to 9 sec. passes)
2004R with Trans Brake
3000 Billet Stall 9X11

Intake:
Kenne Bell Ram Air Intake

Exhaust:
THDP 3” with Cutout
Stock Cat Back

Cooling:
Stock Intercooler
B&M Transmission Cooler
160 Degree Thermostat with Billet Housing

Interior: