1987 Grand National for sale

JimG

hi, I am the 2nd owner of this Vancouver BC car since 2005. when purchased it had 133,000 kms and now has 156,000.
during my ownership I have had the engine rebuilt with a stock bottom end, full roller valvetrain with 212 roller cam, GN1 heads, a 6o mm turbo by Bison, and Razors alky. It has a GBody SLIC, a and 3" D/P. I have been told that it is a mid 10 second combo tuned to run mid 11's although its never been to the track or abused.
There is a Brian Hofer transmission, boxed rear lower , tubular upper rear control arms, airbags, and updated front controls arms with Baer front discs on stock 15" rims. Stock front tire size and 255/15's in the rear.
I will include a pair of spare rims and unused 255/15 M/T drs.
this is an astroroof car, the body is good with no rust or damage, although the bumper fillers are going.
Replacement fillers front Mike B (Spoolfool) are on hand, not installed.
the interior is clean with the usual gauges,S/M and P/L, and a aftermarket stereo w/sub.
I will formulate a more detailed ad with pictures in the upcoming week.
I must sell this car and I would like $20,000.00 Cdn OBO.
Please reply with any interest or questions. I will return to this site on Monday.
Thank you
Jim

older photos 050.jpg 051.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg once the weather breaks, I will take some current pics.
thanks
Jim

Good looking GN..... That's $16100 US dollars , & 96900 miles , correct ? That sounds sooo much better . (y)

What is the closet US city to you and how far is it? How difficult will it be to get the car into the US?

thanks for the compliments. Its been a great running car, has never missed beat.
Yes, the mileage and currency conversion is correct. the closest large US city would be Seattle Washington. Seattle is approximately a 2 hour drive from the Canada/USA border, and I am 45 minutes from the border.
As for delivery to US, I really have no previous experience with that, but If someone does, please chime in.I will also research the answer myself.
If for viewing purposes, I would happily meet at a reasonable and mutually convenient location.
If you have any further questions or comments, please reply
Many thanks
Jim

What's that mean when someone says they have rebuilt their motor and it has a "Stock bottom end" does that mean you didn't have the bottom end (the block) of the motor cleaned, bored 20 or 30 over and installed new pistons, rings, etc. etc.?

I know there are many ways people define a rebuilt motor like we've all seen other ads where people say their car has been restored to find out they changed the plugs or the interior and gave their car a bath.. LOL

Just wondering .. thanks

Good question, thank you for bringing that up.
The block was inspected and cleaned, aligned bored, and the cylinders were given a light hone to restore the crosshatching.
The crankshaft was polished, and all new bearings and rings installed. Stock pistons and rods were inspected and found without flaws and reinstalled.
Please let me know if there any other concerns, or questions.
Many thanks
Jim

Thank you very much Jim for this information; I know it will be very helpful to others also, I'm glad I asked now, I just was thinking now he put all that money into the top half now what about the bottom. LOL.

Thank you again Jim.. your car sounds better now (at least to me it does)

Good question, thank you for bringing that up.
The block was inspected and cleaned, aligned bored, and the cylinders were given a light hone to restore the crosshatching.
The crankshaft was polished, and all new bearings and rings installed. Stock pistons and rods were inspected and found without flaws and reinstalled.
Please let me know if there any other concerns, or questions.
Many thanks
Jim

you are most welcome. It was a missing piece of info.
Let me know when you would like to view the car!
thanks
Jim

well the weather hasn't changed, so no new pics yet.
the Cdn dollar has bottomed out.
there wont be a time for a better exchange rate!!

Hey Jim I forgot to answer this post; I'm way down here in Texas so we would be too far apart for me to look at your car. Most of these cars seem to be on the east coast and others are a lot further away from me.

I'm sure someone closer will buy yours soon.

thanks again

QUOTE="JimG, post: 3510160, member: 22951"]you are most welcome. It was a missing piece of info.
Let me know when you would like to view the car!
thanks
Jim[/QUOTE]

Hey Guys,

Jims car was built by myself. ill give you a more detailed break down on his engine. When we refreshed his engine there wasnt any issues with other than the common oil leak and the fact that it was stock. i pull his engine apart and gave it a good once over. The lower end was reassembled with stock crank, rods and pistons. the block was not align honed as it didn't need it. We did hone the cylinders and the clearances were set up as follows:
mains .0018 , rods .0020, rings #1 .0022 #2.0021 # .0023, crank endplay at .006.
i believe his motor runs about 30-35psi of hot oil pressure. Motor has a comp double roller timing chain, comp 212/212 cam, t&d 1.65 shaft mount rockers, morel lifters, Champion aluminum GN1 heads, head stud kit, cometic head gaskets, mild clean up on the intake and dog house, 62mm tb, new water pump, G body parts 23 row stock location intercooler, 60mm billet wheel turbo w/ .63 garret housing, Terry down pipe, cat delete, turbo saver, h&r parts mount mount

Trans: Brain hoffer built 200r4, standard build with billet drum (good to 10.50s) Tcs 9/11 3000stall convertor.

Electronics: ls1 maf, maf translator, scan master, power logger, tt6.1 alky chip, razor alky kit, new injector harness, new pos & neg batt cables, hot wire kit, 255 forced induction pump, 60lb injectors, afpr, lc1 wide band

Hydroboost, baer ss4+ front brake kit, spc front upper adjustable control arms, 1" lowering coils

Theres probably alot of little things im forgetting but thats the majority of whats in the car. If you guys have any other questions just ask. Ive built a few GN's now including my own with similar combos and Jims is by far the smoothest runner out of the pack.

hi, I am the 2nd owner of this Vancouver BC car since 2005. when purchased it had 133,000 kms and now has 156,000.
during my ownership I have had the engine rebuilt with a stock bottom end, full roller valvetrain with 212 roller cam, GN1 heads, a 6o mm turbo by Bison, and Razors alky. It has a GBody SLIC, a and 3" D/P. I have been told that it is a mid 10 second combo tuned to run mid 11's although its never been to the track or abused.
There is a Brian Hofer transmission, boxed rear lower , tubular upper rear control arms, airbags, and updated front controls arms with Baer front discs on stock 15" rims. Stock front tire size and 255/15's in the rear.
this is an astroroof car, the body is good with no rust or damage, although the bumper fillers are going.
the interior is clean with the usual gauges,S/M and P/L, and a aftermarket stereo w/sub.
Please reply with any interest or questions. I will return to this site on Monday.
Thank you
Jim

hi i am very intrested in your car i am from montreal quebec where is the car located exactly??? any pictures of the engine bay and interior available?? thanks for the info in advance!

029.JPG 038.JPG
Thank you
Jim
I want to bump this ad back up, please.
I have had the car garage kept since the early summer and due to family issues, I must sell this car.
I am flexible on price, please contact me.
Thank you
Jim

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 70
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 66