1987 Grand National for sale.

TomShea

Minnesota Grand National & T-Type Association
Ev Beson’s GN is for sale. He passed away this spring. The engine and trans are fresh. I built the engine in 08 but there is only aprox 700 miles in it. The trans was just gone through this spring. Ev was 89 years old and didn’t drive this car much. It still has the original oil in the crankcase after the break in oil was changed. The oil should be changed soon. Other than that the car is pretty much not to be improved on if you take my advice.
The dash is an “AVC” GNX style and replaces the original. The original odometer had under 15000 miles on it. The new dash has around 35000 for a total of 50 K on the car body. The engine is a non original 109 block built with JE forged pistons and Champion aluminum heads (CNC ported) with T&D rockers, Front mount Inter cooler, LT-61 turbo, Art Carr 16930 high stall NL torque converter, 70 mm throttle body, RJC power plate, ported intake, MAF translator with late model GM MAF sensor, 206 flat tappet cam, fuel system has 2 Bosch 286 pumps with “Hobbs” switch control on the 2nd one, 55 lb injectors (low impedance with ECM low impedance drivers), Scan-Master, Razor's Alky Control kit, 3 inch polished stainless down pipe, dual Turbonetics “DeltaGate” waste gates, 2 & ¾ inch dual exhaust, TA diff girdle cover with pre-load studs, C-Clip eliminator rear axle retention, Hotchkiss adjustable upper rear control arms, Bennet rear lower arms, separate rear air bags, Bilstien shocks, Weld Pro-Star wheels, Additional gauges include trans temp, fuel pressure, oil pressure, Battery volts, fuel air ratio, EGT.
I have done much of the work on this can and can tell you it’s about as good as it gets.
Call me if you have any questions. I may have forgotten a few things, there is a lot. This car would cost someone between 30 and 40 K if they were to try to reproduce it. Asking $17,500. Taking offers.

Tom Shea 952-892-5669. Lakeville MN

Ev Beson's GN no pics yet.

I know pics would be nice. I will try to arrange some next week. For now there are a couple on our web site mgnta.com in the May newsletter. That issue was just after the owners death and has an article. Got to mgnta.com and on the home page there are links, Newsletters and May 2011. I invite any to check out our site as well as the members rides and tech areas. I don't think that pics will distinguish between a real good GN and a just OK one. I can say there are no flaws. So the fact that pics might show dents or rust doesnt apply here. Check around, ask about me. I have a reputation of being a straight shooter. I will not misrepresent this car or anything else to my advantage. I have no interest in this car. I am just showing it for the family since they are not familiar. This car was the pride and joy of it's owner EV Beson until he passed away this spring. The car is in storage and I will have to get it out and wash it up to take some pics. I hope that is not a deal breaker here. It probably wont be until next week at the earliest.

Tom I have found some this is a very nice car ive seen it in person

Attachments

• ev.jpg
    ev.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 473
  • ev1.jpg
    ev1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 476
  • ev2.jpg
    ev2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 474
  • ev3.jpg