1987 Grand National for sale

breiter

Coolboost
I am selling my 87 GN because I need college money for my daughter. I bought this from the original owner and restored it. This car has a lot of mods and would not be good for a beginner to the Buick GN world. This car should go to someone with knowledge of GN's. My signature states a lot of the mod's but more has been done. I will gladly discuss and disclose everything I have done to the car. I have receipts and supporting paperwork as well as many progress pictures for all the mods. I will include a brand new Razor dual nozzle alky kit still in the box and all the miscellaneous spare parts I have as well. I know you will want a list but I have to get everything out and inventory it so the list will be provided to any serious potential buyer if I don’t get it posted first.

I just installed a reconditioned lightning rod shifter. The car was stripped and painted base coat / clear coat last year. It stays in my garage under a car cover. I have a lot of pictures for the serious buyer.

Asking price is $20,000.00 I have a lot more that that in it.

Email me at breiter@teleco.com or call me 864-420-5673 for details if interested. Car is in Greenville, SC.

Attachments

• LightningRodShifter1.jpg
    LightningRodShifter1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 734
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 733
  • Greerpark.JPG
    Greerpark.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 736
The mileage on the factory cluster when I removed it was 130k. I installed a GNX style dash and the current mileage is 2600. This reflects the mileage on the engine, transmission and converter. The car has basically been rebuilt. H&R suspension, lowered 2", and bigger brakes. Paint is a year old. Door panels, headliner, seats redone. Front and rear bumpers have been lightened and aluminum bumper supports installed and new bumper fillers installed. Now has a windshield antenna and the fender hole filled in. New headlight bezels and grill.

Everything works. Cruise, AC, tilt, etc... this is a 10 second car that can be driven anywhere. I always ran the car rich and I know with the right tune it will run high 10's. If I keep it I will probably put a 9 inch under it because the rear end is the only weak link left. This car has no problems that I am aware of.

This is a video of a 1/8th mile run on a test and tune night. I run the car occasionally, which is why I built it. This car handles as well as it runs. Auto crossing would be fun but I have not done that yet. Normally the car sits in my garage. I take it to cruise-ins on occasion too.
YouTube - Cobra running at Greer Dragway #2

I will gladly discuss everything I have done, show pictures and provide all receipts for all the work. Other than paying someone to paint the car, assemble the long block and build the transmission, I have done all the work. I know this car inside and out. I know this is not a good time to sell the car because no one has the money, which ironically is the reason I need to sell it. I could use the money but I am not desperate to sell it so I won't give it away. I will probably take it to Bowling Green for the Buick show and see if I can sell it there or I may end up just putting it in storage for my son when he gets back from the Navy. The only car I would consider trading for is a BMW E46 M3. If you want a GN that has all the goodies and understand GN's this would be a great car. If you are looking for a stock GN this is not the car you want.