1987 Grand National for Sale in NJ

Vader GN

Against my wishes, my father wants to sell his 87 GN. He wants a Vette with a 6 speed, so he's letting go of it.

Anyway, its an 87 (intercooled) with 145,000 miles. Its rare in that it has the moonroof option. We've owned it since 2005 and I believe it had 2 owners before us. The last owner was a mechanic and rebuilt the motor and trans at 130,000 miles. The motor was a stock rebuild, but he rebuilt the trans with an Art Carr shift kit and a 2800 stall converter. The only other mods were a TA49 turbo, and a Hooker catback.

Since owning it, we added the following to support the bigger turbo:
42 lb injectors
Walbro 340 fuel pump
New fuel lines
Adjustable fuel regulator
Turbo Tweak Chip
Cold Air Induction kit
Plugs/wires

We also replaced the EGR and the powermaster brake booster with a new one.

Condition:

Mechanical: Like all Turbo Regals, it leaks a little oil from the main seal and idles high when you first start it up. After that it settles down and runs nice and smooth. It could probably use a rear brakes job soon, but otherwise it stops fine. The d/s door power lock actuator is also going, but still works most of the time.

Body: It's what you call a 20 footer. It has plenty of nicks, chips, and scratches, but overall looks nice. I think it was repainted at some point in its life, but a while ago. I checked for any frame damage when we got it, and found none. The bumper fillers are cracked in the rear too (also like most older GNs).

Interior: The dash and seats are in nice shape. The piping in the seats is a little warped though, but no rips. The carpet has a wear mark in the d/s footwell, but can be covered up with a mat. Everything works too..even the casette, power antenna and power seat.

Because its not a low mileage garage queen (although it was garaged), were only asking $9500.
Included will be a new Duttweiler neck for the intercooler, a test pipe, and a gauge bezel for the console.

Pics:
IMGP4288.jpg

IMGP4285.jpg

IMGP4305.jpg

IMGP4304.jpg

Nice car, Vader just some .02, get some better close up pics of door jambs, rocker panels, etc. May spark some more interest. HTH

Man... I wish he wouldn't do that... I got rid of my Vette with a 6 speed. My GN is MUCH better than any corvette. I'd never go back. Well, unless it was a C6. Those are sweet IMO. Although I did kill one a couple of weeks ago. Very nice GN by the way.

Man... I wish he wouldn't do that... I got rid of my Vette with a 6 speed. My GN is MUCH better than any corvette. I'd never go back. Well, unless it was a C6. Those are sweet IMO. Although I did kill one a couple of weeks ago. Very nice GN by the way.

Thanks. I kind of feel the same way. To me the GN is way cooler. They came out when I was in high school and always had a mystique to me. My dad is old school and wants a manual trans and a V8. Which I do like as well. And the Z06 is pretty cool....just not as cool as the GN.

Here's some more detailed pics for those that were asking. I tried to get a close up of any imperfections. The rockers and area around the wheel wells actually looked pretty rust free. There is some light rust on the bottom edges of the doors that you can see..but its not bad at all. There is some slight bubbling by the upper corner of the d/s window too. I'm told this is common in GNs. The d/s door pull is missing. I do have a spare door panel from a Monte Carlo that has the same strap that I will include.

GNnew001.jpg

GNnew002.jpg

GNnew003.jpg

GNnew004.jpg

GNnew005.jpg

Also, edit 149k miles, not 145k..not that it makes much of a difference. I took it for a long ride today and I got to say its a great riding car. The suspension is good, the seats are nice, the a/c was cranking (75 here in NJ today), the radio sounded good...and it hauls ass! I forgot what a beast this thing is mid range. The most annoying thing was the windows rattling and the loose seat belt loop. Someone is going to get a nice car here.