1987 Grand National F/S

ls14gn

This car is in great condition. It was appraised last spring for 17,500 and has won numerous awards at local shows. Car runs and drives excellent, NO problems at all. This car is very responsive at all speeds, easily an 11 second car (or better?) with the right tune. The motor has less than 15,0000 miles and although I did not build the motor I can tell you what I can see, the previous owner was able to tell me little as he did not build it either. The heads, intake and plenum have been ported to some extent. It has adjustable pushrods (I recently replaced the ones in cylinder two with heavier units due to a defect in the original and I will include the rest of the set with purchase) oversized injectors (.009??) larger TE44 turbo, 3 inch downpipe with an external wastegate, billet vacuum block and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump hot wire kit and external ground kit, and heated oxygen sensor. Has a new oil pump and recently resealed intake. I do not know any cam specs nor to what extent the bottom end has been rebuilt. Entire engine compartment has been painted and detailed, the downpipe and turbo shield are ceramic coated. Exhaust is factory manifolds into a converter test pipe with 2 1/2 inch pipes exiting behind the rear wheels. Mufflers are dynomax ultraflow. Rear end is an 8.5 inch differential with what I believe to be 3:42 gears and has greasable lower boxed control arms and adjustable air bags in the rear springs. Transmission says Art Carr but I cannot verify what has been done to the unit. It shifts nice and firm every time. Interior is excellent, newly recovered bucket seats with correct GM covers and headrests. No rips or tears in the interior. Has large autometer tach mounted above the radio, gauge panel above the glovebox includes autometer water temp, oil pressure, and exhaust temp. (not connected) Boost/Vacuum gauge mounted on the driver side pillar. Has in car adjustable boost control and two custom made chips for the computer. One designed to run the car on pump gas, the other on race fuel and both set up to the cars current parts setup. Has power windows and locks (new lock switches), tilt and cruise, factory gauge cluster (digital tach always reads full), excellent factory steering wheel, new GM shifter handle, etc. Air conditioning has been converted to R134A and works great. Body is in great conditon, has three small rust bubbles all less than the size of a quarter. One above the passenger door on the roof line, one under the passenger quarter glass, and one on the trunk lid. The auction includes a rust free lid, just drill spoiler holes, paint and install. The paint is fair, has minor peeling on the rocker panels (common) and is cracking near the windshield on the hood. The bumper strips, weatherstrip trim around the doors, and quarter glass trim are painted an incorrect gloss black. has new door glass window felts, headlight bezels, door and trunk locks, and door handles, all new GM pieces. All remaining trim has been correctly refinished and repainted. Car has GNX louvers installed, also painted an incorrect gloss black. The car has been repainted at some point but could use a fresh coat. Underside of the car (floors, trunk, frame) are rust free!! Has a carpeted trunk kit, but it needs some work, also needs a speedometer cable as it squeaks. It will go with a set of factory steel GN wheels with nice tires. I have a set of fresh GTA wheels with like new tires. They would be available but at an extra cost. If you send me your email, I'll send you some pics. All pics have the GTA wheels...dont have one with the GN wheels. I wanted 12,500 with the GN wheels, 13,500 with the GTA wheels instead.

Not sure how to add pics....and dont have a link. I can email pics to anyone who wants them...or who can post them for me.

GNhose.jpg
That looks like a calendar worthy shot to me!

very very nice looking car, wish I had the money. I'd buy a plane ticket or drive a truck and trailer there in a heartbeat!! Jason....very calendar worthy if you ask me! Jason.

I have seen this car in person. The under side is just as clean as the top. I would buy it but I have to many GN's already. I hope this car car will go into some good hands. Good luck with the sale Matt:)

Make me an offer. Wanna bring me a set of wheels? I'll sell it without the GN wheels, your choice. Need the room for a new project, its gotta go to a new home!! VERY clean, nice car.

PS Has all new adjustable pushrods installed...

Attachments

• my gn edit.jpg
    my gn edit.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,089