1987 Grand National 6K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmc319

First time offering. I am selling my 1987 Grand National. I inheriated the car from the original owner. All doc's dating back to the purchase at HQ Buick. The car has 6002 original miles, TTops, concert sound, and digital dash. The speedo function of the dash isn't working but the rest is. I understand this to be common and would cost approx $300 to be repaired. I just spent $4K to have it properly serviced, cleaned and the antenna replaced. Hood has been painted several years ago due to bird dropings. The car is mint and the paint is outstanding for 22 year old black.
Price is $26500. PLEASE NO TIRE KICKERS OR BROKERS.Car is located in NJ. I can be reached at 973 479 2972 or fullmoon1551@yahoo.com

Pics to follow.

As you can see, it still has the 1987 NJ inspection sticker.

Attachments

• Grand National 004.jpg
    Grand National 004.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Grand National 003.jpg
    Grand National 003.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,092
  • Grand National 006.jpg
    Grand National 006.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Grand National 002.jpg
    Grand National 002.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Grand National 001.jpg
    Grand National 001.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,030
A couple more

Attachments

• Grand National 009.jpg
    Grand National 009.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,026
  • Grand National 007.jpg
    Grand National 007.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,028
  • Grand National 011.jpg
    Grand National 011.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Grand National 012.jpg
    Grand National 012.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,017
Get ahold of VETROC on the board here, so he will quit posting that he wants a car and cannot find one.

Good luck with the sale;)

Very nice. Reasonable price. Maybe a little high in todays market but there can't be many left with that mileage.

Get ahold of VETROC on the board here, so he will quit posting that he wants a car and cannot find one.

Good luck with the sale;)

He already did, but price is a wee bit high for me, so I'll just keep posting til I find something that fits the bill for me ;)

1 quick question. Why would you spend $4K to have it properly detailed/serviced and not spend the additional $300 to get the speedo fixed? Seems like another $300 at that point isn't really a big deal.

1 quick question. Why would you spend $4K to have it properly detailed/serviced and not spend the additional $300 to get the speedo fixed? Seems like another $300 at that point isn't really a big deal.
Its not the money, its the time. Although Ill probably find the time and get it done.

2 more from today

Attachments

• Grand National 005.jpg
    Grand National 005.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 769
  • Grand National 006.jpg
    Grand National 006.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 766
Here is the underside for those that asked.Car was undercoated from new.

Attachments

• Grand National 001.jpg
    Grand National 001.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 753
  • Grand National 003.jpg
    Grand National 003.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 751
  • Grand National 004.jpg
    Grand National 004.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 753
Some of the fluids,partial tune up,antenna and detail of interior exterior and engine compartment. The car came out great but I still got hosed on the $$$$. The guy does nice work, but he maybe the most expensive on the planet.

Ouch!...not to criticize, but he probably did less than $1000 worth of work! I'd stay away from him in the future.

You have touched on a sore spot my GN friend. There isn't a single swerll (sp) mark on the black paint but thats part of the reason I didnt want him doing the dash. He charges time and material. Lets just say he took ALOT of time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The car looks like a VERY nice car. Sets correct and all. You have a very nice car, good luck with the sale.

Ty

wha??

You have touched on a sore spot my GN friend. There isn't a single swerll (sp) mark on the black paint but thats part of the reason I didnt want him doing the dash. He charges time and material. Lets just say he took ALOT of time. :mad: :mad: :mad:
:eek: :confused: That is a great looking GN, but if some guy tried to charge me $4k for a partial tune-up and a waxing I would laugh first and then probably get violent. There is no way I would pay that, sorry, he'd have to try to sue me. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Good luck with the sale!

For the record this wasnt a wax job that you get at the local car wash. All the lights were removed and edge guards. It was a 3 part process and I was there for alot of it. Al in all, still a high price !

For the record this wasnt a wax job that you get at the local car wash. All the lights were removed and edge guards. It was a 3 part process and I was there for alot of it. Al in all, still a high price !

All in short,it is what it is and it's done,now your a bit wiser.Too bad the economy is in the crapper and it's a buyer's market,cause you have for sure a real 'time warp" ride worthy of a fair asking price.Ever think about keeping it and enjoying it for what it was designed for?

I may in fact keep it. Its really a matter of space....or lack of space. I have another car for sale too (non GN)... which ever one sells, I keep the other.

For four grand you could have taken the car to the Bunny Ranch and had them do it.............................

Nice car by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.