1987 GN, tubo T, T type - custom TR

zam70

->ROGUE
1987 GN, tubo T, T type...what ever you would like to call it...

http://www.efi-street.com/IMAGES/turboregals3/imagepages/image43.htm

http://www.efi-street.com/IMAGES/turboregals3/imagepages/image41.htm

http://www.efi-street.com/IMAGES/turboregals2/imagepages/image49.htm

http://www.efi-street.com/IMAGES/turboregals2/imagepages/image24.htm

I've come to the realization that I do not have the time to enjoy this car how I would like or how it deservesand I'm tired of just seeing it sitting around.... so, I am regretfully putting it up for sale.

The car is a great street strip car, A/C and all power works, car runs cool in traffic.
It has only been to the track on three occasions (all 1/8th mile), all tuning sessions. All runs were done without any boost at launch (left from an idle) and the best run was an 8.0 @ 98mph w/ a 2.2 60ft on street tires & pump gas w/ alcohol...this was also done prior to the ME mafless setup and the new turbo (had a regular ME w009 inj & and older PTE 60 turbo). The first time I tried to launch with boost, it snapped the stock axles (hence the Mark Willams rebuild) and I haven't had it back to the track since.
car should be a mid/high 6 or better when launched properly...

This car is an extremely clean and well detailed TR but it has alot of modifications (paint, body, interior, engine).
It started out as a WE4 but every facet of the car has been modified to be better IMO...basically, it looks like a dark Grey 87 GN and always commands alot of attention when I have it out (at GS Nats, it was very well recieved)

If you're looking for an original, this isn't the one.
If you want to BE original and not blend in with the crowd, read on.

-NO leak OEM T-top car (new seals and meticulous adjustment)
-Excellent Dark grey Mettallic paint (beautiful & very shiny) no rust.
-Custom graphite leather interior (F-body seats) all interior is color & pattern matched
-ALL new GM weather strips
-front & rear OEM spoiler
-New heater core & heat exchanger
-140mph Speedo
-Westach boost & EGT gauge
-Turbo link w/micro computer
-all new body mounts
-all new suspension bushings & bearings
-boxed rear control arms
-ATR sway bar
-Eibach springs (lowered appx 1.5")
-KYB shocks on all corners
-New tires and rims (275/60 15 rear)
-S&W custom bent/fit roll bar w/dual swingouts
etc, etc...

Stock shortblock (installed and runs good)
Engine in car: stock heads, JJ throttle body & upper plenum, 50lb injectors, quadair sp+ fuel pump, adj reg, TH down pipe, dual 2 1/2 exhaust w/dump, new Limit engineering GT63stg3 turbo, dual adjustable quick spool WG, ATR front mount IC, SMC alcohol/meth injection w/underhood fuel cell, 4" MAF pipe, MaxEffort Mafless w/modified ECM, SP filter etc etc....

Rear end was rebuilt w/ Mark Williams axles & c-clip eliminators (no leaks)

Trans: Bowler perf trans built w/PTS internals

etc, etc....

AND (if wanted/the price is right)
a fresh built shortblock with beefed internals (forged pistons, steele caps, 206/206 cam etc...)
an extra set of big valve very nicely ported irons
and a slew of extra parts.

I really don't know what it is worth & I don't have to sell it... I just want someone who can make better use of it to buy it/enjoy it.

I'm thinking $15000.00 OBO
we'll see what happens...

E-mail or call for more info.
217 306 2906, leave a message if I don't answer.
I cannot check my e-mail on weekends either...

Thanks for looking

forgot to mention - I will consider partial trades as well - preferably, a motorcycle or other interesting car

turbo

I am very interested in your vehicle.. would you consider trading a fully built 93 typhoon. forged internals.. blk on blk... let me know 205-613-2694

Thanks joeb, but as far as a car goes, I would prefer an older (50's/60s) car...my true preference would be the m-cycle + cash

Thanks
Scott

turbo

how are the cars street manners.. could this car be a daily driver?

Street manners are excellent...no concerns. The year I took it to the nats, I drove it there and back (6 hours each way) and would hesitate to drive it across country...when I was driving it, it was just hop in and go...the first year I owned it, it was my daily driver...then I started the redo...

So, YES, it could be a daily driver but, once you see the paint you won't want to!

On weekends or weeknights, I can't check e-mail and my cell phone doesn't work (country living!)

You can reach me at 217 965 4706 nights & weekends

Originally posted by zam70
Street manners are excellent...no concerns. The year I took it to the nats, I drove it there and back (6 hours each way) and would hesitate to drive it across country...when I was driving it, it was just hop in and go...the first year I owned it, it was my daily driver...then I started the redo...

So, YES, it could be a daily driver but, once you see the paint you won't want to!

WOOPS - That should read "WOULDN'T hesitate to drive it across country"

Sorry...can't edit after it is posted....

Your a long ways away but any interest in a 65 Chevy II. 65k original mile car. Body is in excellent shape. Pearl white with red interior. Have tons of original documents on the car.
I am nearly finished with installing the new 388 stroker/dart heads, etc.. I fashioned the car after the white chevy II that was on the cover of Hot Rod last year for the pump gas drags.
Looks like grannies car but should run pretty well when everything is buttoned up. (just need to install exhaust, set timing and adjust new BG 750dpumper)..

Anyhow, just thought I'd ask..

P.S. car is rust free. Underside is still gray.

Sad to hear you're selling Scott, but I understand. If my Z28 wasn't at Bowlers right now I wouldn't be driving my GN either.

Guys, this car is NICE. Trust me, no ones going to be disappointed with this one!

1ARUNEM - If it was a 66 or 67, I'd be all over that...never cared for the earlier (or later) novas...

Sam - Thanks...It's sad but, it's the right thing to do...

by the way, the 15,000 asking price includes everything i have related to this car (extra short block, ported big valve heads, extra ECM etc etc...)

car is best offer minus any extra parts you don't want.

Any interest in a 1965 Mustang Fastback 289 4 speed ? Not a show car, but a decent driver.