1987 Buick Regal T-Type Limited for sale

ForensicDoc

I see dead people!
Asking $12,000. The car is located in San Antonio, TX. This car has the factory T-tops and Aluminum Bumper support options, which are very rare on the T-Type Limited. The T-tops are in excellent shape and I have the original storage bags. The car has no fluid leaks whatsoever. The previous owner had a new rear main seal and new valve springs installed, and the transmission has been rebuilt. The odometer reads 105,623 miles, which to the best of my knowledge is accurate.
The car has power steering, power brakes, power door locks, power driver's seat, air conditioning, cruise control, working lighted passenger dash panel (only seen on Limited), aluminum rear brake drums and power antenna (not working). I have a new power antenna that will go with the car. I have aftermarket Turbo 6 floor mats in the car, but have the originals which will go with the car.
I put a new stereo system in the car with a Sony CD deck, Pioneer speakers, and Sony 1000W X-plod amp hooked to two MA Audio subs in a sub box in the trunk. No cutting or modifications were done to install the stereo and I have all the factory pieces which will go with the car. I also had a Crimestopper pager system alarm installed. Stereo and alarm installations were professionally done.
The body is in good shape and the paint is an older repaint of the original color. The rear bumper filler pads are falling apart and the front bumper filler pads are cracked.
The car has the following additions/performance modifications:
• Custom chassis braces
• Custom rear seat braces
• Full urethane body bushings
• TA49 Turbo
• Chrome Turbo cover
• 50# Holly fuel injectors
• 340 Walpro fuel pump with hotwire kit
• 3" Chrome up pipe and turbo inlet pipe
• 3" down pipe to high flow catalytic converter
• Duttweiler neck intercooler
• 10 mm ignition wires with newer plugs
• TPS throttle enhancer
• Heated oxygen sensor
• Adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge
• Pillar mounted boost gauge
• Scanmaster II
• Custom vacuum block
• Newer Powermaster ball
• Newer shocks
• New variable rate rear springs

I have numerous photos I can email to anyone interested.

Attachments

• SNC10257.jpg
    SNC10257.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,291
Pics added

Here are a few pics, still looking to sell. No reasonable offer refused. I have many more pics.

Attachments

• SNC10119.jpg
    SNC10119.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,662
  • SNC10107.jpg
    SNC10107.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,653
  • SNC10114.jpg
    SNC10114.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,627
  • SNC10113.jpg
    SNC10113.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,635
If I may offer some constructive criticism, you may want to post photos of the interior after it's been cleaned and vacuumed, and shut the ashtray. Also, spend five minutes on the engine compartment by rinsing off the engine while cold, spray some Simple Green Maximum Degreaser on the top and bottom, let it sit for two minutes, then rinse off. Spray a very light coat of diluted Armorall on the motor, shut the hood, start it up and let it get to operating temperature. Also, most buyers of these cars aren't impressed or taken with big stereos and woofer boxes, so I would suggest pulling all the stuff out of the trunk so potential buyers can see the condition of it. Finally, a picture of the RPO options sticker on the trunk lid is something we look for as well.

I don't mean to bag on your thread, I'm just saying it helps to create the impression you've taken care of the car, as the photos you've posted really don't. :cool:

If I may offer some constructive criticism, you may want to post photos of the interior after it's been cleaned and vacuumed, and shut the ashtray. Also, spend five minutes on the engine compartment by rinsing off the engine while cold, spray some Simple Green Maximum Degreaser on the top and bottom, let it sit for two minutes, then rinse off. Spray a very light coat of diluted Armorall on the motor, shut the hood, start it up and let it get to operating temperature. Also, most buyers of these cars aren't impressed or taken with big stereos and woofer boxes, so I would suggest pulling all the stuff out of the trunk so potential buyers can see the condition of it. Finally, a picture of the RPO options sticker on the trunk lid is something we look for as well.

I don't mean to bag on your thread, I'm just saying it helps to create the impression you've taken care of the car, as the photos you've posted really don't. :cool:

WTF? You say you don't mean to bag on his thread, but you just did! :eek: You str8 hated on this guys car. I learned a lesson recently. (thanks Grumpy) This car owner can portray his car how her sees fit. Who cares if the ash tray is open? So it has a set of subs, so what. You have a set of curb feelers on your ride, which is, umm, odd. But hey, different strokes for different folks. This owner has actually drove the car and enjoyed the car, which is great, and it is portrayed as such. ;) I say, nice Limited and good luck with the sale!

WTF? You say you don't mean to bag on his thread, but you just did! :eek: You str8 hated on this guys car. I learned a lesson recently. (thanks Grumpy) This car owner can portray his car how her sees fit. Who cares if the ash tray is open? So it has a set of subs, so what. You have a set of curb feelers on your ride, which is, umm, odd. But hey, different strokes for different folks. This owner has actually drove the car and enjoyed the car, which is great, and it is portrayed as such. ;) I say, nice Limited and good luck with the sale!

I really do not think he was bashing, but offering exactly what he said - constructive criticism. And in a very nice way. He suggested that the person could make the car a little more presentable to appeal to more buyers. It was not said to do away with anything, but suggested to take some items out to take pictures to show the condition to again, appeal to more buyers.

Now if you are hoping to buy this car for less than someone would be if they saw more reality condition of the car, then you could have a personal reason to be upset. But this was without a doubt, an attempt to help this seller find a respectable home and price for their ride...

JMHO

Mike

I normally don't post in people threads but I'm going to have to agree with Beamer here. Drip Pan was just offering some suggestion to make the car appear in the pictures as nice as it is in person.
I think it's some good solid advice that everyone could benefit from if anything as just a reminder.

The only thing I could suggest doing differently is maybe sending it in a PM rather than posting on the thread. But I'm guilty of whoring up his thread now as well so I'll let the man sell his car in peace!

BTW it does look like a nice solid clean car that just needs a little Saturday afternoon car washin. Good luck with the sale

The car had been on Ebay, but did not sell. It is still available if anyone is interested.

Price has been lowered to $8500.