1987 Buick Grand National POLICE CONVERSION 46,8XX miles - $22900 (Lasnesville, IN)

From reading the link to the article seems like it is somewhat difficult to prove a special enforcement pursuit car. Interesting though, I remember a few yrs ago someone was selling 87 Chrome Turbo Gun Metal Grey Regal on this board, I think it was in CA, needed some work but it had the weapon concealed headliner. Also didnt realize Bridgeport PD owns a "D.A.R.E" 87 GN.

It's not real. It's just an intercooled GN. There were no such thing as FBI/police converted GN's.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

trixdout said:
It's not real. It's just an intercooled GN. There were no such thing as FBI/police converted GN's.

Well I think you may be mistaken I've read articles that the Maryland State Police and FBI def had a few grand nationals and Buick t-types

I may be. Never read those articles. Do you have them?

That speedo is probably an overlay, it's definitely not OEM.

I'll wait for someone prove me wrong. That "Salvage" title might be a bit of a stumbling block, too.

Jus' sayin'.......;)

Connecticut State Police definetly used them, you see them in the article and I remember seeing them on I-84 back in 87, the 5.0 mustangs and the 87 GNs

Connecticut State Police definetly used them, you see them in the article and I remember seeing them on I-84 back in 87, the 5.0 mustangs and the 87 GNs
Which article? I still have yet to see an article posted about police using specifically grand nationals.

Indiana State Police used them also. Back in 1992, I got nailed for 117 in a 55 by one of them, just North of Louisville on I-65. I was "loafing" along in my twin turbo fox body notchback.

Indiana State Police used them also. Back in 1992, I got nailed for 117 in a 55 by one of them, just North of Louisville on I-65. I was "loafing" along in my twin turbo fox body notchback.

Hate to be an ass, but still hard to believe because there really was no such thing as a grand national specially modified for fbi use. If they used it, then it was bone stock and maybe just no limit on top speed, like most cop cars.

Which article? I still have yet to see an article posted about police using specifically grand nationals.

The OP has a link for the car for sale within the car for sale there is a link to the police/fbi documents. Kirbans Guide to Buying a 86-87 turbo regal mentions as well

OP says car is sold but the CL ad is still up.

Musta been another looky-loo.:eek:

There should be a fleet car code, something like v v 3 or something like that.....my has this code, but wasnt a pursut vehicle.