1987 Buick Grand National (original owner)

ecna

1987 Buick Regal Grand National - $10,900

I bought the car brand new in 1987. I sold the car in the early 90’s and bought it back a year or two ago. I have the original window sticker, owner’s documents, bill of sale and some pictures at the dealer in 1987.

The car is very straight and has only a small rust spot on the driver’s door. The car needs paint badly.

The drivetrain was rebuilt prior to me owning it and I’m not sure of all of the internal engine specs. The engine supposedly has a mild cam installed and ported heads (I think the ET reflects it) along with roller rockers. The transmission has a loosened D-5 converter and shifts great.

I added the following new performance parts:

Motron 60lb injectors, Turbo Tweak chip, Alky Control alcohol injection, Mease oversized stock location intercooler, Hooker exhaust system, F-body aluminum radiator, Russ Merrit wires, right side air bag and a 36mm hollow front sway-bar.

The car also has the following new replacement parts:

Brakes all around including front rotors, S10 wheel cylinders, KYB shocks and a new headliner.

It will come with the following new parts uninstalled:

Replacement stock cat if or when you need it, stock cat w/ 3” inlet for if or when you change the down pipe, G-Body Parts show-quality front seat covers, G-Body parts radiator shroud kit, G-body parts rear seat insulation, NOS GM window weather-stripping, aftermarket trunk and roof-rail weather-stripping.

Precision GT6157 with HD actuator – brand new in the box from Full Throttle.

In its only time to the track (and my first time in it since 1990) it went a best of 12.20 on the 255-60-15 drag radials. The car will easily run in the 11’s on the stock turbo with some tuning, experience (or a lighter driver!).

It also includes:

A rust-free driver’s door if you’d rather replace it than fix it. A perfect passenger fender (original black) again if you’d rather replace than repair since the original has a small dent on the very bottom.

Two cars are too much for me right now, so one has to go.

You can find pics of the car here…

Picasa Web Albums - Eric - Buick Grand N...

You can see a short video and hear it idle (it sounds much louder on the video than in real-life) here…

YouTube - 1987 Buick Grand National

E-mail me at Buicks@aol.com with any questions.

Thanks,
Eric

Attachments

• GN.jpg
    GN.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,321