1986 ttop questions trim and lock

Quentin Earl

Im in the process of installing t top weatherstripping. I noticed the the black trim around the t top glass is cracked and missing pieces. From the other forums I read these are not factory? Do I need to remove them or try and replace them. Also the lock in the fronts are larger than the rear but the rods are the same size so they have a lot of slack in the front. Is there a piece im missing? I recently purchased the car and dont know any of the real history. coulnt get pics to upload. Sorry

As far as the t top lock, there are cylindrical nylon bushings that go in the hole, see if they are still there

If you mean around the edge of the T-Top glass...no...there isn't any trim...also not sure what you are referring to as "not factory"...the T-Tops or the trim around the edge...T-Tops are from the factory...at least on my car they are...

If you mean around the edge of the T-Top glass...no...there isn't any trim...also not sure what you are referring to as "not factory"...the T-Tops or the trim around the edge...T-Tops are from the factory...at least on my car they are...

Actually the older Glass (non locking style) does have plastic around the edge. It is a thin black plastic. They should have probablly kept it. I have sold a lot of glass due to customers sitting the glass on the garage floor to come out the next day & see a pile of glass. The glass is tempered & the plastic edge protected the glass.