1986 T-Type t-tops

turbotim231

1986 t-type with t tops, fiberglass hood, front and rear bumpers, 105k miles, engine, trans and rear end(posi) rebuilt, kenne bell cold air kit, acufab fuel pressure reg, 36 lb injectors w/ thrasher 93 chip, huge gn1 front mount intercooler, precision plenum w/ rjc power plate, postons downpipe into stainless exhaust and mufflers, new brake system including vacuum brake conversion and s10 blazer spindles and dual piston calipers/rotors, s10 rear whl cyls, new a/c delco compressor. scanmaster2.1 , A pillar and overhead guage pods, bucket seats, consloe/floor shifter, manual windows/locks,firestone indy 500 tires 235/60 frt 255/60 rear
car is located in south mississsippi
price is $9250
thanks tim
call 601-347-0182View attachment 179137View attachment 179137
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
Darned!

Another great looking - reasonably priced TR.
You don't see that 86 / Black / T-Type combo every day either.

Upgraded Speedo..I want that.
I'll even fix that passenger side courtesy lamp that is hanging. And the window crank...If you throw the Benz in the deal..:)

Don't ya just have to laugh a little when you see you could order a 235 HP; tricked out; Turbo Regal and not have to order P/W's?

Darned!

Another great looking - reasonably priced TR.
You don't see that 86 / Black / T-Type combo every day either.

Upgraded Speedo..I want that.
I'll even fix that passenger side courtesy lamp that is hanging. And the window crank...If you throw the Benz in the deal..:)

Don't ya just have to laugh a little when you see you could order a 235 HP; tricked out; Turbo Regal and not have to order P/W's?
Power windows suck.....slow,add weight and eventually die. I hope my next one has crank windows...wish this one was closer !!!

yes, the car is still for sale. forgot to add car has kirban seat & front frame braces as well as lower bushing kit. the benz is wife's new toy thus need to sell t-type to help pay for it (don't worry though finally got my grand national back together after a 3 year build)

Power windows suck.....slow,add weight and eventually die. I hope my next one has crank windows...wish this one was closer !!!

They do I agree.
I've serviced too many switches & motors to not agree.
But it's not like the cranks and mechanisms are fool proof either

However - it's a looooong reach over there to quickly roll down the window to let out a wolf whistle while cruising...and I have my hands more than full trying to keep it pointed straight..:D
And, sometimes, it's nice to have a few of life's conveniences...there are more than a few things on TR's that are a PITA, but we don't eliminate them - we jsut sigh and make it better.
Just MHO.

I just think it looks funny to see what was really a pretty upscale car at the time to have roll down windows.