1986 Buick Regal Grand National price range

impulseblue06

Hey guys,

I just got back from taking an 86 gn for a test drive, it has 95,000 miles on it the guy was asking 9500 or best offer, mostly original car, i loved the car just debating on what it is worth. Issues the paint had some knicks and scuffs here and there definetly repainted no big dents or anything like that pretty clean overall. The floorpan had an index size hole in it near the door, the doors themselves had alittle surface rust on the seams as well as the trunk lid, the weather stripping could use some replacing. On the test drive the brake light would come on and off when i hit the brakes the top was silver with the switch. I heard alittle bit of a sound coming from the pulleys maybe alternator and the rpm gauge was stuck maxed out, interior was pretty immaculant. Do you think he is asking a fair price? btw it is a t-top car.

Thanks Guys

The brake light coming on is it probably the brake accumulator?
btw any other input on what i should maybe offer him also has posi.

$7,500 to $8K tops....the brake repair alone could run into real money. Check under those t-top seals and the A-pillar jams for rust too. I think you can find a nice, rust free hardtop for that kind of money!

Specializing in automotive interconnect and wiring systems

I think $9500 is a bit high, given the rust. A used trunk lid would be $100, then another $500 to paint it. T-top area might have rust too. No telling how much rust is under the carpet. Brake light could be accumulator. My 86 had the same problem when I bought it and it was the accumulator. Just for reference, mine has t-tops, no posi, 25k miles when I bought it 4 years ago (has 26k now), original paint, no rust holes (just had surface rust on chassis parts), mint interior and I paid $16,500. I think all I've done to it is new accumulator, tires, and front bumper fillers.