1986 Buick Grand National

randys100

1986 Buick Grand National, 1 of 5,512 made in 1986. 64K, full power accessories, No RUST, few paint chips, reasonable paint and excellent decals, very clean interior, no rips, meticulously maintained, never seen snow, winter stored, 3.8l turbo, inner cooled, quick great running original engine, A/C works well, synthetic lubricants, VERY good GN chrome rims, owner's manual, road ready, don't have the time it needs anymore! Very clean engine with all brackets powder coated. Chrome engine parts and more. $13K firm. Serious inquires only. No trade offers please.

Local pickup only in SE Michigan area.

Is the roof factory or aftermarket? Concert sound?

Good catch, it's an aftermarket roof (bad, I know) which is why I've listed at 13K. Otherwise the car could easily go for $15-$16K according to average prices and the shape of the vehicle. Yes, it does have the concert sound (but it's not very good considering the 80's sound quality).

Thanks for the question.

Randy

Good Catch.... that thing sticks out like a redheaded step child.......

but must say the car is very nice looking...best of luck with the sale..:)

Sure does, but that's why it's listed under priced. It would be an easy fix for someone to find a good body shop to patch the roof. The rest of the car is in MINT shape. All new parts/gaskets in the engine. Trunk kit and much more! The car is cruise ready!

Where did you get the trunk carpeting at?

Where did you get that trunk carpeting at? Thats exactly what I'm looking for?:)

The trunk carpeting came from Kirban. I believe he still sells the kit.

OK, I guess the price isn't good since I haven't had many bites. Anyone have any suggestions? The car also comes with many extras (NOS 86 grille, bezels, many sensors, etc.).

Thanks!

Randy,Nice car!I think alot of people just are not spending money on toys right now,due to the economy.The sunroof might turn off some buyers,but the car looks extra clean,well taken care of! good luck

I found this car in a craiglists add and now I own it. I wish I would have known about this forum before I went out and bought this car. I was just so eager to get a Grand National, I was blinded to a lot things and I didn't do my research. Because the sunroof is coming back to haunt me.
Except for a few misleading things in the sales add, the interior was really nice and it did run really well. I think guy did have to put some work into to get it running well.

Last edited:
I found this car in a craiglists add and now I own it. I wish I would have known about this forum before I went out and bought this car. I was just so eager to get a Grand National, I was blinded to a lot things and I didn't do my research. Because the sunroof is coming back to haunt me.
Except for a few misleading things in the sales add, the interior was really nice and it did run really well. I think guy did have to put some work into to get it running well.
Join the club. Good thing is now you can make it your own.

Join the club. Good thing is now you can make it your own.
I still love the car. The aftermarket sunroof was installed by a shade tree body guy. I can't get a shop to paint my roof because they don't want the liability of removing and trying to reinstall, even though my insurance company is willing to foot the bill. They suggested that I find a hard top, g-body has them, and cut off my current one and replace it with the hardtop. That's not going to happen. Because I have to foot the bill for that, I'll just live with it. I have been offered $20k for the car. Everybody I run into wants to buy it.

I still love the car. The aftermarket sunroof was installed by a shade tree body guy. I can't get a shop to paint my roof because they don't want the liability of removing and trying to reinstall, even though my insurance company is willing to foot the bill. They suggested that I find a hard top, g-body has them, and cut off my current one and replace it with the hardtop. That's not going to happen. Because I have to foot the bill for that, I'll just live with it. I have been offered $20k for the car. Everybody I run into wants to buy it.
There may be some good body guys on this site that would tackle it. Pretty sure one on here is from your area.

There may be some good body guys on this site that would tackle it. Pretty sure one on here is from your area.
I guess given that I'm never going to sale the car, I will probably leave it the way it is. I found out from the body shop the reason why they don't want to tackle the sunroof. It's because they don't want to have to sand the entire piece of sheet metal bare, that is the only way they can guarantee the work. I called the insurance company and they said that they had already given the go ahead for them to do what is necessary to fix the dent. So it turns out that the shop doesn't want to deal with it, even though they will be paid. I guess I should have looked around for other body shops.

Since this section is the for sale section, I think I will make this my last post on this thread. Thanks for your info.

There is a board member, ttaowner, that has a factory moonroof cut out fron an 85 GN and was cut larger than the moonroof for sale in the parts for sale section. You may want to consider purchasing and then holding on to it and if you ever sell you could give it with the car so the new owner could have it installed at his expense. It would be a lot less work than the whole roof replacement. Just a thought.

There is a board member, ttaowner, that has a factory moonroof cut out fron an 85 GN and was cut larger than the moonroof for sale in the parts for sale section. You may want to consider purchasing and then holding on to it and if you ever sell you could give it with the car so the new owner could have it installed at his expense. It would be a lot less work than the whole roof replacement. Just a thought.
Thank you. I will look into it. I have purchased several things from ttaowner in the past.