1985 t-type project...NEED HELP

Habibacus

im trying to find a breakdown of a t-type or GN motor. im buying a disassembled motor from a guy, but it is not complete. it has the block, crank, cam, pistons, and heads. om buying the intake from another member. what else do i need? just want to get it running for now, so im looking at putting all the stock stuff that came with these motors. any diagrams, pictures, advice would be very much appreciated. thanks guys

Are you building up a Hotair or intercooled motor? Either way I'm sure a few members could scan/post you some pics that your looking for but Depends what your doing.

I have a blown up of the engine a part, and the turbo installation. I can scan them and post them here if you want. Have them in my GM service manuals :D. Is this what you are looking for?

Here is what I have: ( I do have more, but I think this is what you want)

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0001.jpg

This blown up diagram is for an 84-85 engine non intercooled. I don't have an exploded view but here is a couple intercooled engines of mine.

Attachments

• DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0016.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 158
  • SHAYLA 091.jpg
    SHAYLA 091.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 159
  • old engine.jpg
    old engine.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 180
dang, sweet, i got alot of work ahead of me whenever i decide which route ima take. thanks.

Yea, I only have an 84 Shop Manual. The inter-cooled version is not in my book. Anything else you need let me know. I have tons of pages of info.

gnttype.org

Engine and Mechanical

Bout half way down the page there's a bunch of pages scanned in from the 84/85 sevice manual.

I also have a copy of the original engine assembly manual. Was hoping someone could scan it and post it up somewhere.

Damn dude,good link:eek:

Is that your website?

A bunch of the pages towards the end are out of the engine assembly manual I have.

Nah not mine, I just type in Hotair, buick hotair etc in google. Found this sweet little page. :cool: