1985 Buick GNX

Haha! The supercharger goes directly into a standard single-snorkel GM air cleaner. How efficient can that be?:confused:

It says it has a major title issue. Wonder if the car was totaled before or something. Looks like a decently clean car with a stupid motor in it. I would buy it, yank out the motor and trans and sell it, and rebuild it to be a turbo car. Not sure I would pay more than $5k for this car. Probably worth more like $3-$4k though. But this guy probably thinks he will get $15k for it:rolleyes:

Come on guy's it's worth 15k all day long...........we all know how rare those 85 GNX's are, and to have it be one of the very very rare GNX Limited models also! What was it again.......out of the 547 only the last 47 were Limiteds.:biggrin:...........I know he didn't say it was one of them....but I's can tell it is.;)

i like the manifolds, q-bogggg carb, stock pump, an the old model heads with no bolt hole for alt... bet that belt wont stay on...

Come on guy's it's worth 15k all day long...........we all know how rare those 85 GNX's are, and to have it be one of the very very rare GNX Limited models also! What was it again.......out of the 547 only the last 47 were Limiteds.:biggrin:...........I know he didn't say it was one of them....but I's can tell it is.;)

The FBI also owned it... They got all the 85 GNX's! They are super rare, I have 4. :eek::rolleyes:

It says it has a major title issue. Wonder if the car was totaled before or something. Looks like a decently clean car with a stupid motor in it. I would buy it, yank out the motor and trans and sell it, and rebuild it to be a turbo car. Not sure I would pay more than $5k for this car. Probably worth more like $3-$4k though. But this guy probably thinks he will get $15k for it:rolleyes:

Buying a car with a bad title is crazy,nobody wants that headache.

1985 Buick Regal Limited

Report Run Date: 2010-08-03 20:23:09.006 EDT

VIN: 1G4GM47A4FP231360
Year: 1985
Make: Buick
Model: Regal Limited
Style/Body: Coupe 2D
Class: Mid Range Car - Premium
Engine: 3.8L V6 2BBL
Country of Assembly: United States
Vehicle Age: 25 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 1
Calculated Accidents: 0
Last Reported
Odometer Reading: 56,441

This vehicle's AutoCheck Score

The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history, letting you compare vehicles with ease.

About this vehicle's AutoCheck Score

This vehicle does not qualify for Buyback Protection
Unfortunately, this vehicle does not qualify for our Buyback Protection program.

About Buyback Protection

Section summaries
The vehicle identification number you submitted has been analyzed and summary information on your car is shown below

Title and ProblemCheck: Major title or other problem(s) reported
OdometerCheck: Your vehicle checks out!
Vehicle Use and EventCheck: No vehicle use reported
Full History: Detailed information available

Title and ProblemCheck
Problem Reported! AutoCheck's database for this 1985 Buick Regal Limited (1G4GM47A4FP231360) shows a negative title(s) or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and EventCheck for reported accidents.

1 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
No abandoned title record
No damaged title or major damage incident record
No fire damaged title record
No grey market title record
No hail damage title record
No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
No junk or scrapped title record
No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
Odometer problem title record(s)
No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
No salvage title or salvage auction record
No water damaged title record
No NHTSA crash test record
No frame/unibody damage record
No recycling facility record

OdometerCheck
Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 1985 Buick Regal Limited (1G4GM47A4FP231360) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.

0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
38,443 03/09/1993
56,441 06/01/2007

Vehicle Use and EventCheck
No Additional Information Reported! AutoCheck shows no additional vehicle uses or events reported to AutoCheck for this 1985 Buick Regal Limited (1G4GM47A4FP231360). This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or a duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.

0 Event(s) Reported: 6 Vehicle uses checked:
No fleet, rental and/or lease use record
No taxi use record
No police use record
No government use record
No livery use record
No driver education record

0 Event(s) Reported: 9 Vehicle events checked:
No accident record reported through accident data sources
No corrected title record
No duplicate title record
No emission/safety inspection record
No loan/lien record
No fire damage incident record
No repossessed record
No theft record
No storm area registration/title record

Full History
Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date 2010-08-03 20:23:09.006 EDT

Vehicle: 1985 Buick Regal Limited (1G4GM47A4FP231360)

Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
03/09/1993 TUCSON, AZ 38,443 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:L6Q6930670015)
EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS
03/30/1994 TUCSON, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
03/30/1994 TUCSON, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS
06/01/2007 GENEVA, OH 56,441 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0400757147)
MILEAGE DISCREPANCY
10/14/2008 GENEVA, OH Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0400820247)
MILEAGE DISCREPANCY

If you had a TR that needed parts and a roller Gbody sitting around it would make a great parts car;)

the ad doesn't say it's an 85 GNX- it says that it has the "GRAND NATIONAL GNX looks and performance for a fraction of the cost".
it is listed as an 85 Limited, with the engine that he thinks they should have used in the GN instead of a turbocharged V6.
other than the blower setup, it looks like a pretty nice car.
and it wouldn't be that hard to fix what is wrong with the blower setup- a custom calibrated carb that is setup for a blowthru application, a carb hat and a few pieces of ducting to hook it up to the blower properly, and a K&N air cleaner and it's done.
i'd also add a set of headers to it, too.