1984 seats

Guys I just got off of the phone with PUI and these covers are LEATHER!!!! Not vinyl as we originally had discussed doing them. They were able to find a leather similar to the original. Also they are working up the pricing and these should be available within the next month or so. I am sorry for the incorrect information. :eek: .......................RatPack...........................

I have a rear Lear Siegler seat out of an 84 with the correct
sand grey material, all cloth seat.
Any interest?

I have never seen a rear seat from a car with the LS seat option and it be a complete all cloth seat. Can you take some pictures of this seat? Was it from a T-Type or base Regal originally? Thanks.................RatPack.....................

The seat came out of my 84 WH 1, I replaced it with a
84 GN leather/cloth rear seat to match the front leather/cloth
L.S. seats. The WH 1 L.S. option came with a rear cloth
seat, not leather. I can't get a picture.

Okay guys I need some help with the rear seat applications for the non-GN cars. I have found two T-Type cars with the LS seats and the rear seats in both were the same as the GN. Whether these were original or not I don't know, but I had to take the owners words at face value. I have seen other 84's with the LS seats up front, but the rear seat appears to be a standard cloth Regal seat in the Sand Gray color and I thought they had been swapped out or someone added the LS seats. I have also found that at some point in time not all LS seats have the shoulder belt guide screwed to the headrest. Both sets of seats I have here do have them. So I would like some build dates for all cars with or without them. The only vin that I have that does not have them is 578XXX.

So what I need from anyone that has an original unrestored T-type or WH1 car with this option are pictures of the rear seat and front seat headrests. Also I need pictures of the SPI (Service Parts Indentification) sticker on the bottom of the trunk lid showing all of the factory options to the car. Guys with GN's I would like to have a few pictures of those stickers also so I can compare the trim codes with the other cars to see if they are the same. They should be different since it is possible the rear seats are not the same. Thank you in advance..................RatPack................................

I have 84 gn 619XXX number, and it did not have the seat belt guides. My aunt bought new one of the early 84 gn's that even had the hood ornament, and to her best recollection, it didn't have them either

I found a shop locally to do mine. They did the door panels also. Cost nearly $1800.

Int_GN.jpg

These seats are now for sale! Make offer. Not sure about shipping. The car has undergone a transformation.

100_0029_E.jpg

I have 84 gn 619XXX number, and it did not have the seat belt guides. My aunt bought new one of the early 84 gn's that even had the hood ornament, and to her best recollection, it didn't have them either

I have found two pictures of cars with the shoulder belt guides and both are early cars. The first one is one of the 5 "show use" GN's vin #430063 and the other is vin #495xxx built the first week of January 1984. So sometime after vin #495xxx and before #578xxx they quit installing them on the LS seats..................RatPack........................

I have them on my car. I will find out the vin and post it later.

Attachments

• gnpics 152.jpg
    gnpics 152.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 416
Just took this pic. And the last 6 of my VIN is 514526. hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3496.jpg
    IMG_3496.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 380
Thanks, that means sometime after your car was built these were no longer used on the LS seats. I figure your car was built sometime in March of 84 as the car #495XXX was built in January 84. Check your private messages..............RatPack...............

I have narrowed it down even further to vin #559XXX as not having the guides. Not sure of the build date on it as there were no pictures of the trim tag or door decal, the only two places the build date is shown........RatPack...............

The frame will have a built date on it. It is located around the upper control arm on the pass side. Seen it when I was painting the frame. I do not remember the date. I will look on my tag.

The date on the frame won't be the same as the build date of the car. It should be close, but when they were shipped by A.O.Smith they just went into inventory and were pulled as needed. Usually used up within a few weeks. The trim tag is the easiest place to look for the build date, and can usually be seen with the hood closed. Just look at the tag that is screwed to the top of the cowl just below the driver's side wiper arm pivot. It will be a code beginning with a two digit number ranging from 01-12, and the letter A,B,C,D, or E following it...........RatPack...................

Thanks for checking for me. Your car was actually built the first week of February 84. So assuming they built 20k units each month, that would probably put it between Feb and May as to when they quit using the shoulder belt guides. I need more cars with vins between 514xxx and 559xxx to get it down to an exact date. Thanks for the help..........RatPack...........