1984 regal

dunno

Dunno im a strong believer in you dont shoot a horse because its down. I think the car has a lot of life in it yet, but I fear its going to be a v8 instead of a v6 its just I dunno the idea of a paxton super charger hid under the hood of a regal gives me the willys in a way I like hehe.

TrndAssassin2 said:
........the idea of a paxton super charger hid under the hood of a regal gives me the willys in a way I like hehe.

:confused: Have you seen what superchargers go for? Gives me the willys just thinking about it... :eek:

yes

yes a weiland super charger will run me right around 2300, and the intake for it is another 700. From what ive seen its a lot cheaper then trying to build a 9 second buick motor.

rest of the car

I can get the car ready for paint for around 1000 the body would be completely fixed. This saying that I find a good set of used doors on here. Once I get the money to buy them. Im looking at a simple paint job that'll probably cost around 400. As for the suspension package, im looking at a racing setup from jegs that'll cost around 800. I havent decided what im going to do for a tranny and rear end yet, and as for inside of the car its still in good condition and I like the color lol. Oh and yeah the super charger will come last after the rest of the cars already done lol.

That suspension...does it include bushings and control arms etc... or what? Also,dont neglet your rear end! I'll blow to peices with 400hp

suspension

This is the description of the suspension

Front Race Coil Springs 1600-1660 lbs.
Rear Race Coil Springs
Front & Rear Adjustable Shocks
Lift Bars
Adjustable Upper Control Arms & Bushings

As for the tranny and rear end , if I go with a small block chevy motor im looking to drop in well built 700r4..hooked up to a 10 bolt posi rear end, im not sure on the gear ratio in the rear end yet. This is really going to be the first race ready car I hope to build. Everything else ive worked ons been basically steetable muscle cars like 300 hp chevelles, stuff that normally a stock tranny and rear end can handle, so picking out a decent tranny and rear end with the right rear end ratio is new to me.

The Car!!!!!

Ok heres pics of the car

TheCar001.jpg

TheCar007.jpg

TheCar008.jpg

Well I hope those work right and you guys can see the pics and tell me what you think of the project I have on my hands

:biggrin: Start out moderatly. I'd forget that turbo GN stuff, superchargers, and 400 horsepower crap for now.

I'd have the V-6 engine repaired and moderatly rebuilt. 4.1 intake and carb put in and once the engine purrs, body and paint.

Real cheap upgrade. Don't blow your money on one shot. Go conservative then build her up. Use the big money for college kid. You'll still have a nice car since she's still salvagable. Someday you'll make her a 400-HP beast, but for now, just let her look like what she was when she was brand new. :cool:

That's what I did....

I have no choice

Well I dont have much of a choice either have the motor rebuilt or drop in a mild 350 and slap a 9 inch ford rear end in it. I have to get it running because I cant borrow my stepdads 84 scottsdale forever, I would have a 1994 ford ranger but I gave it to my mom , so I could have this car. Needless to say At first I didnt want it, I wanted a old camaro but when I got to driving this thing it just became addicting its to much fun to drive, mainly because its a sleaper hehe, and I love the red Plush interior hehe, as for college well im going for aeronautical engineering maybe if i can slip into purdue, or im going to go for like automotive engineering at ivy tech, plus imma try and swing a full time job. I have my hands full needless to say. I'd just become a mechanic lord knows I work on this car enough, but its hard work and to me it makes it a job and its not really fun anymore.

how to fix

Ok guys on the body, I know the driver side door will most likely have to be replaced, how would you say I fix the big rust hole in that left rear fender?, also the passenger side door is no where neer as bad, its just right along the very bottom of the door like the seem at the bottom of the door is rusted out all the way along the door , but all of the door is still there, is there any way to salvage the door easily?

Cut out the fender and weld in a replacement piece...doors from a junk yard should be that expensive, adn its easier than trying to mess witht the rust. Have you pulled off the door panel to see how bad it is ftrom teh inside?

Inside panels

No I havent pulled off the panels theres really no need to I know how bad it is, the trim along the bottom of the car plugged collected water that caused rust that plugged the drain holes, then the weatherstripping along the top of the doors went bad so it leaked there and leaked down into the doors, plus on that drivers side door the pin and bushings went bad so the door sagged and that made it even worse. The other main problem that I need to take a pic of is when you open the passenger side of the door, if look at the rockers and trace them up to where the door and the fender meet theres like a spot there thats hidden beghind the door itself but you cant see unless you open the door but basically theres a fist size rust hole right behind the door, im not sure if its in the fire wall or what I know its not in the floor bord I dunno I'll just have to take a pic and show you what im talking about, but I have no idea how to fix it other the sheet metal lol. I'll probably have to buy the doors off someone on here actually, most junk yards around here dont have good parts lol, needless to say im in indiana, high humidity in the summer, snow in the winter, it kills cars as you see with mine. oh and about bad, I can stick my arm up that drivers side door LOL. trust me its bad!!