1984 Mustang SVO in PA

newtownhood

Car Audio and Electronics guy.
Original Mustang SVO. 4cylinder turbo, 5spd,hurst shifter. 1 of 4263 total made, 1 of 984 in medium canyon red metallic. Car is all original, all stock. Full Koni Suspension. Mint condition charcoal cloth Recaro interior with inflatable bolsters. Just over 104k miles. New OEM floormats. New suede headliner. New Dash Top. Power Windows and locks all work. Original Ford mudflaps front and rear. Factory Cassette with premium und. New Front Speakers. Owner's manual. Original Dealer Poster(if I can find it). In the SVO registry. New radiator,battery,waterpump, tuneup, oil change, belts, ignition switch,headlight, brakes,rotors,reman rear calipers, fuel pump, rag joint...Nice factory wheels with new gatorback style tires. Needs paint, as the car sat for a number of years on blacktop and it's faded bad...some like the patina look though :) Very straight, only a few minor dings. Needs door weatherstrips, and the fuel gauge just stopped working. I'll replace the sender once I run the car low on gas again. No Rot, solid floors...I'll include a NOS "SVO" hatch decal,extra shocks/struts, 5th wheel/tire, and a bunch of other rare parts. Just bought a Steeda billet clutch quadrant kit with a HD adjustable cable setup, will probably install that as well before it's sold. Fast car rated at 220 hp, yet still gets 30mpg. Can run on 87 octane at a loss of performance with the flip of a switch. Super rare car, def worthy of resto or very presentable as a budget SCCA racer. Will easily make a reliable 300hp with minor mods (turbo coupe intercooler,ECM and 3 inch exhaust)...I just didn't want to alter a virgin car. Factory 4 wheel disc brakes, 5 lug wheels, huge sway bars...early production car 12/83 with factory "slapper bar" setup. This car was the start of the SVT cobra team, as many things were used for future ford projects and by Saleen and Kenne Bell and the other ford tuners. Asking $3500, may consider trades of cars,trucks, stuff for my GN(turbo,injectors,IC)+cash....or I'll put $$$ on top for a T-Type driver in similar condition. I'm tired of a stick shift :)

1984 Mustang SVO turbo, not 5.0 GT/LX

there are some pics. Will send more to serious buyers. newtownhood@yahoo.com

thanx for the suggestion Randy. I might try there and the corral site. I just figured out that I'm losing $500 in the car so far, and I've maybe driven it about 5 miles since I picked it up..so it's a great deal. I was hoping I'd be able to trade + cash for a TR or something so it wasn't like I just threw away the money. Much less the tons of time I have involved in the interior resto, detail work, wheel recon, etc...I guess it's my automotive philanthropy to the world. Some people donate to charities, and others lose money saving cars. It's all for the greater good, right? :)

Will also take partial trades of TR stuff for my build...Turbo, intercoolers,injectors, etc...+cash.

I don't know why you'd want to trade an 86 for an 84, but I'd consider it if it was white or jalepeno red. I'm supposed to be selling the car to buy my g/f a ring, but I figured if I could get TR stuff or another TR daily, I could always sell off a few guitars to fund the ring. I wonder if anybody on this board is into guitars and would trade for TR stuff? hmm :cool: