1984 GN Interior Help

You can get the Headliner in plastic precovered in the correct material. FG would leave a smell in the car of Fiberglass.
If you want to keep the original you can glue paper to each side where it cracked. Fax paper works good. If it is starting to sag (The board) another trick is velcro from the board to the roof.

I think Brent, Boost231 has one of our headliners in his car.

Great Idea!! It isn't sagging, but it is cracking. I ordered the DIY headliner kit before I dropped the headliner in the car, so I'm kind of stuck using the one I got. It's real bad where the sun visors screw in, the corners cracked right off. I do understand your idea, kind of like the old paper (mache) Sp? in jr high right. Wish I paid more attention to how that was done.

You can get the Headliner in plastic precovered in the correct material. FG would leave a smell in the car of Fiberglass.
If you want to keep the original you can glue paper to each side where it cracked. Fax paper works good. If it is starting to sag (The board) another trick is velcro from the board to the roof.

I think Brent, Boost231 has one of our headliners in his car.

I do have one of your headliners in my car. perfect color and perfect fit.

next year i will probley call you. i need to find out about redoing all the interior in my car

Great Idea!! It isn't sagging, but it is cracking. I ordered the DIY headliner kit before I dropped the headliner in the car, so I'm kind of stuck using the one I got. It's real bad where the sun visors screw in, the corners cracked right off. I do understand your idea, kind of like the old paper (mache) Sp? in jr high right. Wish I paid more attention to how that was done.

No nothing thick. It will be seen behind the headliner. You want to get the old glue off. Then use 3m spray adhesive & glue the paper to each side of the head liner. Fax paper is thin but strong. You will not see it once you install the material.

Thanks Brent I was pretty sure after that shipping fiasco you ended up with the correct model & color.

I got my hands on some cardstock. I'm going to give it a whirl. I'll post pics and keep everyone informed.

Brian, on my wh1 60/40 bench its an off white tan color. Can I get all the interior pieces from you to redo the interior. Like upper and lower door panels paint for the trim and all the cloth needed for the seats. I need to make sure it right the first time. Let me know. Not sure how the cloth work for the seats but I'm sure you do. If you could pm me or email me. If need be I can call you.

Brent

Hello, Just curious if anyone knows where I can find the cloth for my 84 GN Seats? I see that Gbodyparts.com has the covers, but I cant afford it. So I was thinking I would just get a bit of the cloth and do the sail panel inserts, the seats, and the upper door panels (which is all the same correct?)

Thanks
Nix

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct color for 84 Grand National carpet, I see where Doe skin is listed as the color and I have requested samples from different companies and I have about three different colors of doe skin. When I look at the carpet in my 84 Grand National the carpet looks almost Gray. This is the original carpet in the car. Im driving myself nuts with these colors!!!! Im just trying to keep the car to the original 84 look. I appreciate any help. Thank you

would anyone happen to have the code number for the sand color gray carpet or where I can find the code? Thanks

ACC has had it listed as black for an 84 GN for a long time. We sent them the correct color carpet to test their molds like they frequently do.
I explained it was from an 84 GN. Their source was incorrect.
They will not change it from Black. I call it Sand color gray when we order it.
If you call or order on line from them they will send you black.
Tell them the year, make, & model but that you want the sand color grey Gbodyparts orders.

Or you could order it from us what ever is easiest.
GBodyParts.com Online

is this out of an 84 Grand National? Im looking to fix up my trim and looking for the correct colors for the shifter and consol.