1982 BUICK SPORT COUPE LIMITED VALUE

William Eckenrode

I have a 1982 Buick Sport Coupe Limited. I know the production number for sport coupes in 1982 was 2,022 but I would like to know how many of those were "LIMITED"? My car needs fully restored and i want to know if the car is worth restoring, it needs an engine, paint job, interior, basically the whole 9 yards the car has 116,000 miles on it so the years are catching up to the mileage. So far I only know what information I provided. If anyone knows anything or has any questions to help with this please contact me at 87craigslist87@gmail.com

NADA.com and Hagerty can give you a "book" value of the car. As far as actual value goes, that's up to you in the end.;)

The Limited interior was an option on the Sport Coupe. It's not some sort of double model. I think it was somewhat common since Sport Coupe tended to be loaded. (My '82 Sport Coupe parts cars had it. Pillow top seats and different door pulls).

A top-notch restoration would likely exceed the value of the car. I'd throw a 4.1 short block in it, clean up the rest and enjoy a fun cruizer.

I saw an original , clean well cared for 82 sport coupe for sale on local rip off "specialty " car dealer knocked down to $7000.00 for a " quick sale" . Pretty car, to rare to be sitting outside on Fast Buck Harry's car lot. One of 2022 . To me ,33 years later that's a rare survivor. How many left? Gear heads want the 86,87 GN. Still a great car, spend what you can afford. Will be the only one around for a 1000 miles. Remember guys, 1982 economy wise was the year from hell . Car loans at 18% interest. Inflation and unemployment nearing double digits. Federal emissions and CAFE standards brought the auto industry to their knees. Yet Buick still managed selling 2022 loaded copies of a turbo 6 performance car . The base price was around $8000. Most were loaded pushing the price closer to $12,000. Have to love Buick engineering!