1980 Regal wiring woes...

Jonuk

well i got my dash out, totally...

2006128154914_dash.jpg

and i have dyed it grey to match all the trimming i have done to bring the interior 'up to date' regarding materials etc

Whilst the dash is out i have started to look at the tangle of wiring that was previously hidden, to be fair there's not that much ( I dont have an ecu, but found a funny looking black box thing ?) but there are still a few 'loose' wires that do not go into plugs etc, possibly old stereo wires but there are also some 'added' wires spliced into other wires :(

Does anyone have an 'online' wiring diagram of the fuse panel, or the whole lot that i can get a look at ? i can then trace all the 'correct' wires and remove all the 'additions' and get it back to stock.

thanks in advance.

I would spend a few hundred and put a painless kit in. I put one in mine and it was easier to rewire then to sort the wiring out.....

The black box is the ESC module (knock retard)

I's get a Buick Shop Manual off ebay.

thanks for the advice, i bought a haynes manual with a wiring diagram in, there really arent enough wires to worry about buying a new loom (i'm used to european stuff ;) )

It'll take me the best part of a day to sort it out i reckon so no problem there.

ESC eh ? well whatdya know ! learn something new everyday, i just bolted it back in ;)

thanks