1980 Chevy Malibu

MALIBU1

BIG ORANGE
I'm thinking about selling my '80 Malibu wagon, and was wondering what someone might pay for it. It has the original drivetrain,(267 small block{yes it IS a V8}, TH-350 tranny, and 7.5" 2.73 non-posi rear. The rest of the car has been totally redone though. It has '96 Mustang orange paint, with 6 layers of PPG gold pearl, and 2 clearcoats. The hood ornament is sahved, and the rear doors are welded shut and smoothed. It has a redone interior with buckets from an '87 Turbo-T, reupholstered of course, new carpet, headliner and custom carpet in the back cargo area. It also has a pounding system, consisting of an Aiwa 45x4 watt HU, stock front center speaker, 180 watt Jensen 6x9's, and 2-12" MTX Thunder 4000 400 watt subs powered by a 760 watt Sony X-Plod amp. I also have put in a Grant GT mohagany wheel. The wheels are 17" Edelbrock 409 polished aluminum, and have 255/45ZR Kumho tires on them. I have had it appraised, but I won't say for how much. Here are some pics-
www.cardomain.com/id/powerwagon
Reply here and tell me what you think I could get for it. Thanks.

That's the thing. It's one of those cars where you've put a lot of blood sweat and tears into it, but you know that you'd sell it for the right price. It was appraised for 13,000, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't get that much out of it. I enjoy driving it, and working on it, but I'm thinking of selling it for a GN or T-Type. I think $10,000 would be reasonable.

Have you thought about putting it on Ebay.It's a nice looking car but to get what you're looking to get out of a 80 wagon you may need a lot of exposure.And Ebay will get you a lot of lookers.Set a reserve and if it doesn't sell you'll just have to pay a listing fee.If you get what you want for it you should find a pretty nice TR in that price range.

Originally posted by GN&aTY
Keep it and put a gn drivetrain in it
true. also, get rid of the aiwa head, those things are terrible. my friend went through 2 of them in about a year. it stopped reading cd's and the displays died.
as far as the car goes, that thing is pimpadelic. you should keep that bad boy because youre not going to get what you put into it and its a pretty original looking ride, so if you drop the lc2 into it, and do that up nice, you could be set. there was a wrecked t type on ebay that ran, but the auction is over now.

Thanks for the input. orion, the Aiwa stereo has been in the car for almost 2 years now, and it works just like it was new. Maybe he just had a couple bad ones?:confused: I've been thinking about putting in a lc2, but it's friggin expensive for me, considering that almost any TR that I can find, if I find one, will need to have the motor/trans./rear worked on or rebuilt. I've thought long and hard about that though. It's either gonna get a LC2, or a small block 350 Chevy, and I'll build it up to around 350 rwhp. If I can do that, it should run high 12's. I'm thinking both ways right now.