1979 Olds Cutlass BBC street/strip sale or trade

seeyabye

1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass 2dr hardtop. Rust free, nice looking street/strip car. Needs tlc, finishing. The car is currently running and driving, and does drive reasonably well to be built the way it is. It may or may not be street legal, just depends on where you live. I have driven it several hundred miles with no problems. Here are some of the details: 402 BBC completely rebuilt by Boyette's machine in Raleigh, NC. 10:1 hyper. pistons with moly rings, Comp Cams .600 lift solid lifter cam, ported oval port heads, 3 angle valve job, new springs, roller rockers, custom aluminum valve covers, Hooker Super comp ceramic coated headers, Weiand Sealth intake, Street Demon Carburetor, MSD pro billet distributor, MSD Blaster coil, MSD wires, and Dynomax Bullet mufflers that dump before the rear end. It has a Turbo 350 with a shift kit, 2800 stall converter, and B&M shifter. The car has lowering springs, S10 manual steering box, boxed upper and lower rear control arms, and a new set of Jeg's wheels and BFG tires. The hvac system has been removed, it has manual steering now, no inner fender wells, and stock radio is in the dash but not operational. It does have functional headlights, turn signals, running lights, wipers, power windows and locks, etc. Here are some of the things that the car needs to be up to it's full potential: Carburetor needs tuning. I put the carburetor on it, but have no idea how to adjust it. It smells rich out of the exhaust, and the electric choke is not working. Also the timing needs to be adjusted. When I got the car, the rear end was broken, so to get it moving, I put another 7.5" in it with unknown gears and no posi. I was hoping to find a 8.5" with posi out of a turbo Regal. The car could also use a higher stall converter to deal with the cam. All in all, a really cool car that sounds awesome, runs pretty well, and has great potential. Asking $4800 obo, will consider interesting trades up or down. Sharif 919-697-7262

Here are some pictures

332237af.jpg

9c098669.jpg

00128223.jpg

d937918a.jpg

Car is still available. Free delivery within 500 miles of central NC. $4500 obo, will consider interesting trades up or down.