1978 Pontiac Trans Am Y-88 Fully Restored Show Winner Trade Only

TonyUH60

I've been thinking long and hard about this and have decided to look at trading my car. Details of the car...Its a 1978 Y-88(have build sheet) gold t-tops, full rotisserie restoration finished in 2011. I bought this car while in Iraq and restored it after I got home. All sheetmetal is original...bought from original owner. there was no rust on this car. I drove it for a month before I decided to fully restore it to show quality. I have replaced everything else down to every nut and bolt to include seat cushions. I can list everything I replaced/reconditioned, but it would take up 2 pages and I think the pictures will speak for themselves, but feel free to ask and will answer right away. the motor is not #'s matching(long gone before I got the car). I took a standard bore 74 block(high nickel) and put a butler stroker kit with 6x-4 heads with port work. Have the dyno sheet 392hp @ 4700 rpm and 486 ft lbs tq. I have about 1000 miles on the car in the last year driving it to shows. What is not on the car but is sitting on my garage floor is a new stage 2 2004r built by extremeautomatics and a set of KRE heads ported to 290 cfm along with roller rockers,cam, and intake built by SD Performance. Both of with I've been meaning to swap, just havent found the time.

Ok, now what I am looking for....pretty easy....a grand national, t-tops. from there I am open. Either a low mileage original, or a newly restored with moderate upgrades. I'll be honest, don't know alot about these cars, so forgive me if I ask alot of questions.

I would prefer to trade up, with that being said, I know how much money I've put into the T/A, but am also realistic to what it's worth, especially in today's market. What I am looking for is in the price range of mid 20's, about half of what went into the rebuild. Here are some pics of the car, during and after the rebuild, will take more this weekend, or email me for more information. Thanks for looking

100_4132.jpg

100_4133.jpg

100_3947.jpg

000_0056.jpg

78.jpg

100_3417.jpg

65.jpg

019-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

100_4143.jpg

100_4142.jpg

100_4141.jpg

100_4139.jpg

100_4137.jpg

Welcome aboard, You did a really nice job on the car so far. Good luck whth the sale.:) We've got some shows coming up in the Waco area if you feel like bringing it out for some fun. Not all that far from the Bryant area after all.

Welcome aboard, You did a really nice job on the car so far. Good luck whth the sale.:) We've got some shows coming up in the Waco area if you feel like bringing it out for some fun. Not all that far from the Bryant area after all.

I actually live in Killeen/Temple....I should be at the temple car show on April 21st depending on work.

There's usually a car show on the weekends at the church of the open door in Bellmeade on the Saturday if you feel like going that far.:) I know of 1 GN that shows up there fairly often so you might meet the Bergers and a few others in the area.:)

I wasn't sure about the color at first...but once i saw it, I was hooked, something different than black......now even thinking of getting a tooth to match the color....hahahahaha

KEEP IT! Throw that 200r4 in there with the performance parts you listed, a nice set of the Year One 17-18" snow flakes and enjoy.
On another note, I'm at mother Rucker currently. Just finished instruments and starting BWS next week. Will be a Hawk driver for my unit in AZ. Here is a few pics of my 73' I have with me....

beachandcar045.jpg

beachandcar027.jpg

beachandcar026.jpg

_DSC0030.jpg

I also thought about trading my Camaro for a GN as I have always wanted one. First car was a Monte Carlo and have liked the G bods since.:)

Nice car! I've always wanted a Y84 T/A (Bandit) since I was a kid...maybe one day I'll have one if the prices ever become realistic.

ah mother rucker....i used to be an instructor for hawks there back in the day....had to rejoin the real army again though...lol...not sure if your unit has mike models or not....but after flying hawks for the last 12 years....I am terribly spoiled by flying the new ones.....the A/L 's are boring to me...lol My wife is letting me keep the car and adding another to the flock...(I have the trans am and a 73 challenger) so now on the elusive hunt for an 87 GN....