1978 Buick Turbo Regal Coupe on CL

Yep, you gotta love the ones that watch Barrett-Jackson and then think "hhmm....that smog dog 1978 Regal should fetch a pretty penny...because it's a classic". Nevermind the fact that the intercooled cars bring that much if not less in todays slumped economy.

Remember, rare and classic doesn't necessarily equate to "valuable".

I love this classic pitch "Own a part of muscle car history the car that reintroduced the world to American power and performance." :eek:

That car is a DOG and the only thing that did to make way for the GN was the body. Someone should email the seller and have them watch American Muscle on the GNX so he can learn that his beloved "muscle car" is not the father of the GN.

I seen a car just like this in the junk yard while stationed in CA. It wasn't in all that bad condition either, none the less, walked right by it.

The price is waaay to much, he'll probably be sitting on it for a while, needless to say.

That car is a DOG.

That bad? I know they don't make as much as an intercooled car but didn't think they were all that bad. I know the n/a 3.8 was a real turd.

I had considered keeping an eye out for an early TR just for a beater car. Figured maybe it would make a cheap hot rod faily good on fuel.

That bad? I know they don't make as much as an intercooled car but didn't think they were all that bad. I know the n/a 3.8 was a real turd.

I had considered keeping an eye out for an early TR just for a beater car. Figured maybe it would make a cheap hot rod faily good on fuel.

They were pretty slow, not only hotair but carb'ed too, 150HP I think. That isnt going to get your big ass regal moving very quick LOL

They can be modded though like any turbo regal, and I've seen them run 14's

If I found one that clean for a good price I'd snatch it up just to cruise in.