1973 Plymouth Duster 340, CA rust free, Plum Crazy, 1,500 miles on build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave C

Life is Short ~ Enjoy Your Ride!
SOLD

1973 Duster 340 - this is a freshly done (1,500 miles) 340 Duster tribute built from a 100% rustfree, no hit - Pomona, CA car (orig Gold/Beige 318/auto). I have the original CA blue/yellow plates. I have a folder with over $12,000 in receipts for parts alone - never mind the cost of the original car, shipping and labor to build it!

This car was taken COMPLETELY apart, out came the original 318, trans, and wimpy 7-1/4" peg-leg rear end and in its place went a newly built 1970 340 (the good year with forged crank, stock bore, 400hp), 9.5:1 pistons, Mopar Performance hydraulic cam, rebuilt 850 ThermoQuad, new headers and a 2-1/2" exhaust, newly rebuilt and strengthened 904 automatic trans with front mounted cooler, and a newly rebuilt 8-1/4" 3:55 Suregrip rear. All new basecoat/clearcoat PPG Plum Crazy paint over 100% rustfree body panels. That means it has perfect floors, trunk, trunk drops, fenders, rockers, etc. The interior is all new from the headliner to carpet and it has an iPod connector wired to an amp and speakers in the rear but still has the factory AM radio up front. The car also has a handy fold down back seat which opens to the trunk. A Mopar Tuff wheel was added and vintage SUN gauges monitor oil pressure and water temp. Just about every piece on this car was touched and either replaced, repainted, rebuilt, or replated - the car is virtually all new. A new firm-feel power steering box was added for a tighter steering radius, re-arched leaf springs (no air shocks here!) were added in the back, front and rear sway bars have been installed AND frame connectors have been added which really tighten up this a-body. A completely new suspension (Ctrl arm bushings, ball joints, tie-rods, idler arm, etc. ALL NEW) and full alignment. All new braking components (lines, hoses, master cylinder, rear wheel cylinders, hardware kits, seals, drums, rotors, calipers - everything - ALL NEW. Classic 15" Cragars S/S mags all around, new BFG radial T/A's (255-60's on the rear / 225-70's up front). The car currently runs and drives, and it sounds incredible. Where this car is a very fresh build there are some minor things that need to be sorted out - the car is an original AC car, it comes complete with a Vintage AC setup in the box ($1,000). The gas gauge and water temp guage aren't working - I suspect the gas gauge has a bad ground connection somewhere as it was working two weeks ago (the tank, sender, and wiring is all new), haven't looked into the temp gauge yet. The speedometer isn't working as the cable got cooked on the headers (oops!), plus a couple other minor things that would only take a couple week-ends to sort out. Call Dave at (617)513-7407 for details - asking $12,900.

11-04-12001_zps69e9abbf.jpg

11-04-12022_zpsb7ac148c.jpg

11-04-12011_zps2ba1c3e4.jpg

engine2_zps06b668c7.jpg

38560340262_large_zps1b357b86.jpg

11-04-12043_zpsd4892ae7.jpg

11-04-12041_zps9d4a121a.jpg

Post it on forabodiesonly.com
Thats a great price for a very good looking car.

Yeah I was thinking of that, but all I get over there is guys asking for more pics and more pics and more pics - I have MUCH more serious action from MOPARTS...

I sold my last Duster on THIS site - TB guys are real car guys...

Man that's a clean Ruster. :D
TB Rick - you know exactly what I mean then when I say this is a California rust free car - I'm in Boston (just got in from shoveling - @#$&%!!!) and smile from ear to ear when I see original metal cars like this.

Dave

It is a very nice car. You don't see them like that in the mid west.

Good luck with the sale. Some Mopar guy is going to grab it for sure.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.