1971 Chevelle f/s big block 12 bolt bucket seats disc brakes street or strip

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
In an attempt to be able to buy myself an 86-87 turbocharged T type Regal (like I've been wanting) I've decided to put my car up for sale. Below are the specs:

396 big block engine, bored .060 to 408 cubes
Speed Pro forged pistons
GM forged crank
ARP chromeoly rod and main bolts
Melling oil pump
Clevite 77/Federal Mogul bearings
GM oval port heads
2.06/1.72 valves
Comp .574/.578 lift cam
Summit Chromeoly push rods
GM guide plates
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
Holley 750 street HP carb
Mallory high energy ignition distributor
Taylor 8 mm spark plug wires
Flex-a-lite electric fan w/ auto on-off thermo-sensor
Optima battery
Heavy duty 4 core radiator
Summit long tube headers
Powermaster mini starter
High output 94 amp alternator
Dual 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust pipes w/ h pipe
Dynomax Ultraflow race mufflers
TH350 automatic transmission
Hughes 3000 rpm stall converter
Trans Go stage 2 shift kit
12 bolt rear end w/positive traction
4.10 gears
Strange differential cover
UMI rear tubular control arms
Heavy duty front AND rear sway bars
Power steering
Grant steering wheel
Factory bucket seats
Hurst Quarterstick race shifter
Autometer tachometer
Autometer oil/coolant/fuel pressure/volt gauges
Biondo line lock
Power front disc brakes
New rear brake cylinders and drums
Monroe shocks
Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bars
Weld wheels (15X10 rear, 15X7 front)
BF Goodrich radial tires (rear) and Continental radial tires (front)
New black interior
AC/Heater delete
SS hood
SS grille

This car has enough torque to plant you in the seat when the accelerator is pressed even at 50 mph. Looks good, sounds awesome.

Most parts listed are either new or fairly new. The engine has less than 500 miles on it.

Body is mostly straight, floor boards and trunk pan are original and are solid. Paint is 3 years old, not show quality but still shiny and it looks good even from 7 feet. This car gets attention everywhere it goes.

The transmission shifts good and firm, but not harsh. Car stops well and is very easy to maneuver for a big block car.

This car is an original bucket seat/console car that came with heat and a/c. I don't have the console or the HVAC system for it but these can be bought on ebay and Ausleys Chevelle parts (located in in Graham, NC) and re added.

I do have a clear NC title and build sheet to go with the car. I also have a list of most of the parts used to build this car, along with receipts.

Car is an original NC car and was sold new at an existing dealership in Fayetteville NC.

This car has been a 3 year project of mine, built by myself and the help of a few others. This car is not perfect by any means but it is turn key ready to drive.

I've seen Chevelles like mine with 350 small blocks sell for more than my asking price, so whoever buys this is getting a good deal.

Here's a video clip of what the car sounds like at idle:YouTube - Chevelle exhaust idle

NO JOY RIDERS!!! DON'T WASTE MY TIME OR YOURS! Only serious inquiries.

PM me for more info.

chevelle055.jpg

engine001.jpg

chevelle008.jpg

interior002.jpg

interior004.jpg

Yes I would trade for a Turbo Regal as long as it's an '86 or '87 model, prefer T type but will consider GN. Body needs to be as rust free as possible and overall condition of the car needs to be good and running/drivable.

Also i think I forgot to post a price for my car....asking $12000

It went 13.4 @ 98 mph in the 1/4 running a 1.87 60 ft. (stock these cars ran 14's with the 396 engine)

It needs some tuning but according to everyone I've spoke to who knows these cars, with my combo when tuned right should have no problem clicking off a mid to high 12 second pass.

It went 13.4 @ 98 mph in the 1/4 running a 1.87 60 ft. (stock these cars ran 14's with the 396 engine)

It needs some tuning but according to everyone I've spoke to who knows these cars, with my combo when tuned right should have no problem clicking off a mid to high 12 second pass.

not bad. i'm sure it's a blast to drive. i bet with a few minor bolt ons or mods you can get that thing running low 11s. those cars are sooo easy to work on too. very simple unlike the TRs. good luck man. let us see some pics of the TR when you get it!

It is a blast to drive, the off idle torque response is amazing.

It could run 11's with a bit more cam/compression, stall and gear. I like it but I've had the itch for a turbo Regal lately and I'm wanting to try something different. Plus I can't have both otherwise I'd keep my Chevelle.

I test drove an 87 turbo Regal I found for sale this weekend with the intercooled 3.8 SFI, IMO the T type didn't have the same off the line torque but it seemed to pull hard well past 85 mph (had the speedo pegged) but I'm thinking if it were stalled some it would help. I don't know much on it in terms of mods, it's running about 15 lbs of boost and bigger than stock injectors and supposidly the engine's been rebuilt but all else seems to be the same, and it still has the factory trans and rear end.

As soon as this thing is sold I think I'm going to go back and get the car I test drove.

Might be interested in a swap for your car. I'll send over some pics and we'll talk if you're interested.
-Derek

No thanks, I am not accepting trades of any kind at this time.

I found my car, just need to get my garage space back.

Looks like I will be moving in a few months and don't want the hassle of taking this along. price drop: $9,000