1969 396 GMC survivor pick up

forzav12

I've got an extremely rare, original unrestored survivor GMC pickup with only 29,000 actual miles. It is an original matching numbers big block 396 4-barrel equipped 1/2 ton pick-up. It has it's original, 2 tone saddle/white factory paint and it's original interior, as well.

Even the wood bed is original on this time capsule truck. The original 396 has never been apart and has all of it's factory applied paint and decals. Other than a few maintenance items, most everything on this truck is original. I've had to replace a few items, including the radiator, master cylinder, a belt or two and it's on only it's second set of brake shoes. The original dual exhaust was replaced years ago. I have nearly all of the original items that were removed(some, like the original date coded radiator could easily be used again after minor repairs).

The interior on this truck is simply amazing-original GM upholstery, dash, gauges, dash pad, seat belts,etc. The interior looks restored -but is not. All the interior paint gleams as new. It is a factory radio delete truck, yet it does have an original factory installed antenna. Factory markings are still clear on the firewall and it even has it's original T-3 headlights. The grill and trim are beautiful and undamaged, too. Everything works as it should and the truck runs amazing! Just as you'd expect a 29K vehicle to operate.

No rust and no prior damage to body panels-what you see is what you get. It is equipped with air conditioning-I believe this is a dealer installed system that was installed when new. I have also equipped the truck with a new set of Wheel Vintique factory style rally wheels and new tires. I just liked the way they looked. I also installed a set of smaller stainless steel mirrors, as they looked cleaner. I have the original wheels/ hubcaps and the original, large, painted white factory mirrors-all in excellent condition. There was also a very nice class three hitch installed-NO splicing done to the original wire harness, though.

If you appreciate originality, factory specs and rarity, as I do, you can't help but be impressed by this truck. Obviously, it is near impossible to find an original truck as nice as this one. Even neater is the fact that it's a big block. Most were used hard as work rigs and either scrapped or modified/restored many times over by now.

The truck is not perfect, of course. There are chips(some touched up in an amateur fashion), light spots in the original lacquer paint and there is one crack in the factory wheel. There are also some cracks/gouges in the wood bed. All in all though, this is a great old truck. I didn't want to ruin the originality with a repaint.

My original intent was to use the truck to tow my vintage Corvette and Cobra to events, but I just can't do it. I am reluctantly selling this wonderful old truck,as I am reducing my collection/storage facilty a bit. This one really needs an appreciative new owner.

I don't need to sell, so please no lowball offers. 9500.