17" wheels and Tires......

GinoRin

Hey All,
I am going to a huge swap meet this weekend ( Jefferson ) and I will be on the lookout for a set of 17" billet wheels and tires for my GN. I need to know what people are running for offsets (backspace) as well as wheel and tire sizes. If you guys had some pics, that would be great! I want to put the largest tire I can under the rear of the car, and will most likely put a 17x6 or 17x7 upfront with a 225/50/17 tire. In the rear I was hoping to fit a 17x8 or 17x9 with a 285/40/17 or possibly something larger. I plan on having my fenderwell lip rolled while the GN is in for paint, so I will have a little more clearance than the avereage Regal. Also, is anyone running the Eibach Pro-spring kit out there with 17s? I am interested in hearing about clearance issues. If you guys had any pics or info, it would be greatly appreciated. Once wheels are done... time for 4 wheel discs :)

Thanks in advance...

245/45/17 on the front and 255/45/17 on the back with 17 x 8 rims will fit but don't know about backspacing.

sOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A PLAN!! THAT'S GOOD!
i HAVE 17X7X4.5" BS ON THE FRONT OF MY 87 GN WITH 245X45's. oON THE REAR I HAVE 8X17X4" WITH 275X45X17's.........THE WHEELS ARE CENTERLINE TELSTARS. I LOWERED MINE WITH 2" BELL TECH SPINDLS AND THEIR 1.5" REAR SPRINGS........i CANNOT POSSIBLY RUN A LARGER WHEEL/TIRE COMBINATION ON THE FRONT AS I HAD TO DO A LOT OF TRIMMING ON THE METAL INNERFENDER WELL TO KEEP THE TIRES CLEAR/KEEP THEM FROM RUBBING.......

WOODY

PS NO PHOTOS YET BUT I SHOULD HAVE SOME IN ABOUT A WEEK....... :D