15x8.5" American Racing Vector wheels

Keller

GNTTYPE Founder
These are not the "new" Vector SE wheels that came out around the time of the last "Dukes of Hazzard" remake. These are the real deal from the 1970s/1980s. 3.5" backspace to keep the tires off the frame. 4.75" bolt pattern to slide right on your TR. Few can recognize that these wheels aren't the stock 15x7" wheels. These are the best ones I have seen in some time. No curb rash or chewed up holes. Note that these use "shank" type nuts, and I can get you part numbers if necessary.

Asking $250/pair + shipping. Two pairs available. Will deal on all four as one sale. No single wheels for sale.

Attachments

• SingleVector.jpg
    SingleVector.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 214
  • FourVectors.jpg
    FourVectors.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 213
I will measure it. It is a tad bit larger than the OEM T-type cap. And it is set up to be inserted from the rear as opposed to snapped in from the front.

If you can find a real AR cap from that era, you can cut, epoxy, and paint it with an old T-Type cap (even one with broken tabs) to make a cap that really looks authentic.

Or use the adapter mentioned...

I measured some old Vector caps I had lying around. The diameter where it sits in the wheel is about 3.375. And they press in snugly. Not sure I am right at the max diameter, as the caliper throat may not be quite deep enough. And measuring the wheel inner diameter with this is not going to work well either.

If you have or can get some T caps with broken tabs, getting a new Vector SE cap (probably the same size - listed as 3.35") and do the cut/epoxy/paint much cheaper than the aluminum rings. Plus you won't lose the caps on a pothole or due to theft.

http://www.wheel-caps.com/servlet/the-137/American-Racing,-898002,-AR47,/Detail

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/ARA898002.htm

Note that the old caps I have don't have the orange ring at the base.

I was looking for that years ago. I just went & had them built.
I didn't mean to step on your toes over this. I have about 40 here still. I had to do a run of 100 to make it worth my while. If you want to sell what you have left i'll buy them just for cutting you out. I honestly tried to find it & couldn't.
I was planning on putting these on my site in January. It's hard to sell something you don't have listed.
If you want contact me. Bweavy@aol.com

Scott let me know what you can do on all 4 wheels. they make a nice 9.5" wheel when widenend. They are not unilug correct? Work perfect for 275/60/15 MT drag radials.

Scott let me know what you can do on all 4 wheels. they make a nice 9.5" wheel when widenend. They are not unilug correct? Work perfect for 275/60/15 MT drag radials.
Unless you notch a the frame, I'm not sure a 9.5" would fit under the stock wheel wells. I have several with 275/50s. 26x10s, and 28x...I forget. All fit fine on the wheels as they are.

I'll contact you shortly, Brian.

Bweavy said:
I was looking for that years ago. I just went & had them built.
I didn't mean to step on your toes over this. I have about 40 here still. I had to do a run of 100 to make it worth my while. If you want to sell what you have left i'll buy them just for cutting you out. I honestly tried to find it & couldn't.
I was planning on putting these on my site in January. It's hard to sell something you don't have listed.
If you want contact me. Bweavy@aol.com

Not a problem at all Brian. Just offering what I had to someone that needed more information or an option. I might take you up on that offer or maybe some barter in the future.

Unless you notch a the frame, I'm not sure a 9.5" would fit under the stock wheel wells. I have several with 275/50s. 26x10s, and 28x...I forget. All fit fine on the wheels as they are.

I'll contact you shortly, Brian.

Scott I have 2 sets here on t-types they work nice. you add an inch to the back side to bet 4.5 back spacing & an aluminum drum. Or 4-3/8" back space on steel drums.
Sorry I missed your call Shoot me an e-mail bweavy@aol.com & a good time to hit you back up tomorrow. I'll be in around 10.

SFI cutlass it sounds like a plan.

I have 15x10 Vectors, i think they have 3.5 backspacing. I'm narrowing my new housing in order to center the wheels in the wheel well. I plan on running 295-55, but will stay with 275's until I do a notch. I'm gonna machine my 10's and my stockers so I can run the TTA type center caps. I like the big hex nut look.

I had mine widened to 9.5

I'm sure they will fit, lotsa guys running 10" rims with 4.5 back space