15000 mile GN

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I just went to look at a low mile GN for a friend and wanted to get everyone's opinion if it's worth the $29000 asking price .
We could not drive it or hear it run ( we're in upstate NY ) and in a garage with 15 other covered exotics .
Pro's :
Kept in climate controlled storage for the past 15-20 yrs.
Original paint in great condition , slight checking on rear bumper .
No rust on body at all , some surface rust on chassis underpinnings .
Bumper fillers are great , no cracks , flexible .
Interior in great shape , no rips , stains , carpet not worn and same for brake pedal .

Cons :
I'm listing these items only because they are not original not necessarily bad .
7th injector in up pipe
09 injectors
T61 turbo ?? that's what I was told
TH style downpipe
Air box removed and replaced with a cone filter
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
After market SLIC
Red's fuel pump & chip .
looked like silicon sealant around VC breathers where it meets the VC
No cat , has a test pipe with cut out , some rust on exhaust .
Behind the coolant reservoir there was some rusty stain on top of the inner fender , like it overflowed at one point .

The owner has all the original parts except the turbo. This is the second owner and the mods were made by the original owner . The car has been to the track by the first owner and went " 11.50's "
" all bolt on's , unopened motor "
What are your thoughts ??

I think I'd tell the owner, we'll be back when we can hear it run, and drive it.....$29K?? Hmnn.

Its got old mods. I wouldn't pay that much for it. If it was all original then maybe.

That's what I was thinking . The first owner did the mods and who knows how many times he rattled that motor without any scan tools .

Hate when they change the speedos. Car appears to be nice, but I would definitely want to hear and drive it before forking over $29K. Does look clean.

I think I'd tell the owner, we'll be back when we can hear it run, and drive it.....$29K?? Hmnn.

This is a great point. How DO ya'll handle selling high HP street cars? I'm thinking about selling mine and really don't want a complete stranger of "unknown" capabilities driving them. Mr. Murphy says the alky pump would quit with some nimrod pumping 25# and just riding it out...

I'd either drive it for the demo ride. Or, I'd turn the boost down, if I was going to let the buyer drive it. He would be advised that once the car is his, he can do a "stress test" on his dime.:smuggrin:
We all know Murphy is alive, and well. If the buyer doesn't know this "truism", he doesn't need a fast car.
In any case, Russ, BE CAREFUL how/when/where you do such.
A good friend lost his, by being duped on a "test drive".....

GLWS.....(y)

I think i would add up what it would cost to update it or go back to all stock or stock appearing. Subtract that from the cost and loosely base any offer on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk