12 bolt ?

I have a chance to buy a 12 bolt for my 86.Just wondering if this sounds o.k. to you guys.
12 bolt set up for g body
4:33 pro gear
33 spline moser axles
strange spool
c-clip eliminator
.50 studs
3 passes on the rearend
Reider bulilt rear???????
I can pick this up for 850.00 $ or best offer.
Hows it sound? Thanx in advance guys.

it sounds like you will have to change the ring & pinion to a useable ratio and unless your car is track only, the spool is very bad news (also c-clip eliminators......)

The 4.33 gears are way too much, the "pro gears" (softer material to withstand high shock loads) would have to go, as well as add a LS diff to replace the spool. Otherwise sounds like a good deal, but is there something wrong with the 10 bolt in your car that warrants replacing it?

Steve

You will also need the Southside Machine kit to bolt it in as the angle on the tabes for the upper control arms are on a different angle. Has it been narrowed? A g body has a very narrow rear that measures about 52.25" from flange to flange. An early 12bolt is about 54-57" flange to flange. You will either need to run wheels with a lot of back spacing or narrow it.
A 12 bolt really isnt worth the aggravation since you could get a bolt in 9inch OR upgrade your 8.5.

Make your 8.5" "bullet-proof instead...

I think that a 12 bolt rear end is good but old school. Several yeard ago, there was nobody who made anything for the 8.5" yhat we have, but now, things have changed, and you can make your original rear ens almost "bullet-proof". ( I said almost...;) ). I installed a Moser spool and axles kit in my GN and I never had a problem since!...

I was hoping I could just bolt it in and go but since I cant I guess i'll stay with my 8.5. Thats already set up with moser axles and eaton posi.Also I put the large wheel cylinders and a TA girdle. I just thought if it was a screaming deal i'd pick it up.
Thanx for the replys though...........