$12,000?

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
As some of you know I am heading back to Iraq. I have decided to save $1000 a month to build my engine. I would like to build a 109 stroker. See my sig for what I have right now. Here is the deal. I am alright when it comes to bolt ons and minor repairs but I have never attempted a rebuild. What do you guys suggest? Should I pull the engine and send it off to a buick builder or should I leave it in the car and have them do it all? I would like to have the GN1s ported as well as the manifold. I would like to go with a 224 cam and a girdle. Now what pistons? Who do you recommend in the Southeast? Will my built tranny handle it? Should I go with a TH400? If you had $12000, what would you do? Please help! Looking for a 10 sec flat ride. Thanks for your time and opinions!

You Dont Have To Spend 12ooo You Have Some Good Stuff,,take It From Me A Stroker Is Not That Expensive....plus You Can Sell Your Used Parts....lets See What The Boys Say

10.0hs is pretty easy. Considering you have a lot of good parts on the car already you should be able to put a good shortblock ($5k) in the car, play with the tune and be done. The tune is KEY to a fast turbo car.

Spend the extra $7k fixing any little problems you have and making the car safe and legal for the track. And if you want to keep your low 10 ride an enjoyable street car, call up Lonnie Diers and have him hook you up with one of his killer 200-4 transmissions. See picture and video in my sig to see how it performs. :cool:

OOOO ...ABOUT 7000.00 and at this price your getting a lot for your money.....dls......now who is going to call me a liar

I forgot to mention: Put good adjustable suspension parts on the car (adjustable shocks, adj control arms, a/r bar, etc). Hard 60's times are fun, especially when you get in the 1.3's or 1.2's. ;)

Suspension is ready! The tranny is already built also. Who should I trust to build it? Things like cam sensor, crank sensor worry me!

We've already been 9.70's with what you have in your sig. Engine only has a girdle and TRW pistons, P-trim 70mm with a FAST system....

We did make the swap to a T-350 tranny. It can be done with the 200-4 tranny for 3 times the expense. I have a hard time paying the same money for a 9 second capable overdrive that I can get a 2000hp capable powerglide for. If you do 70mph interstate drives you'll want the OD.

I'm in North Alabama if you need some help.

Thanks everyone! Dusty, I will take you up on your offer soon. The car is located in Gadsden. Who do you recommend to put the girdle in? You guys? I think I am going to get a block and build it since the crank rods and pistons will be new anyway. Then the leat expensive tranny would be a th400 swap. correct? Who builds these to handle the power. I do drive it on the highway and I do like overdrive. I have adjustable uppers, solid lower, adj.drag shocks, drag springs, moser axles, "wolfe" bar, and rear girdle. I think that should be alright for the rear.

You're right on the OD. My Bad. Lets see if I am heading in the right direction:

Used 109 block (clean, machined and checked)
Stroker kit (from full throttle?)
Buick V6 Stroker Kit
This is a complete rotating assembly. A Cat 3.625 4340 forged steel stroker crank, K1 Billet rods with ARP 2000 bolts, Diamond forged pistons with wrist pins and Diamond/Total Seal rings (not gapless). This is a proven 9 second durable setup. It will require and internally balanced balancer and flexplate (we have new SFI units) or the stock ones can be modified to work. Bearings may need to be chamfered check with your engine builder.
This is for .020 over pistons, if you need .030 or .040 just let us know by adding a messge to your order and we will ship those instead.

Buy a BHJ Balancer- Internal balance for Buick V6 Please also select ignition trigger wheel option at no charge. YOUR ENGINE MUST HAVE AN INTERNALLY BALANCED CRANK IN ORDER FOR THIS ITEM TO FIT. THE BHJ PRECISION HARMONIC DAMPERS OFFER MAXIMUM PROTECTION FROM TORSIAL,AXIAL AND RADIAL CRANKSHAFT VIBRATIONS WHILE ADDING MINIMUM WEIGHT TO THE ROTATING ASSEMBLY.

Girdle
RJC Deep oil pan
heads checked for cracks and cleaned
intake ported
Install 224/224 roller cam (?)
Maybe roller rockers (1.65 ?)
Razors Alky kit with dual nozzle
Timing gears and chain
purchase headers from TA Performance
Hot coat headers, down pipe, turbo exhaust housing

TH400 install with 3500 stall, driveshaft, 1350 yoke

If traveling is not out of the question, I would recommend you call a good friend of mine Geoff Burroughs, who owns Jackson Cylinder Head Service in Jackson Ms. He knows how to build killer Turbo Buick V6s, as well as being a cylinder head & porting guru. 601-353-1014
Tell him Patrick referred you. FWIW, you will have money left over after the motor build if your budget is $12k. Dusty can hook you up in Alabama if traveling is not in the cards.

BTW, from one Vet to a currently serving soldier,
Thank you for your service, it is much appreciated. Eyes open and stay safe.

Patrick

Thanks! I will call! Thanks for the YOUR service also!

Thank You For Serving Our Country!!

My intention here is not to help you build the engine but to thank you for your service. It is people like you that make it possible for the rest of us to enjoy this hobby and I cannot tell all of you armed services personell how much I appreciate what you do for us.

God bless you and make it home safe!

Thanks everyone! Dusty, I will take you up on your offer soon. The car is located in Gadsden. Who do you recommend to put the girdle in? You guys? I think I am going to get a block and build it since the crank rods and pistons will be new anyway. Then the leat expensive tranny would be a th400 swap. correct? Who builds these to handle the power. I do drive it on the highway and I do like overdrive. I have adjustable uppers, solid lower, adj.drag shocks, drag springs, moser axles, "wolfe" bar, and rear girdle. I think that should be alright for the rear.

Your right. If you can find a good block to start with, that will be the way to go since the rotating assembly will all be new. The machine shop I use for V6's sets the block in a mill and machines the caps and block flat for the girdle install. He does nice work but is slower than I like. 2-3 months for machine work is uncalled for. His problem is he builds spec motors for round track racing so everything else is low priority. I am working with another machinist now to see how it goes. I have met Geoff who Patrick is talking about and think that would be a great option. If he can do your shortblock I'll be glad to handle the rest. We can port and flow heads. Both of the GN's we race run in the 9's with boost in the 22-24# range so that tells you the port work is as good as anyone's. You may not want to go any further with your heads depending on your goals.

If you want OD and a 9 second time slip the transmission will be high $$. This is why we go T-350. It bolts into the stock location, takes the abuse of 9 second passes and costs ALOT less. If you like to cruise the interstate at 70 you may want to have OD. Contact Lonnie Diers for a quote of what kind of tranny you'll need and then make your decision.

Thanks for your service also. It takes special people to do what you guys do. No matter what we all see on the news, know that all us working folks back home are behind you guys 110%. We wish all of you were home but are so glad to know we have these brave men and women throughout the world taking care of business.

Dang! Thanks for the kind words! All I ask is that you guys do not forget about us! I is really hard to come home and people turn there backs on us. I do not want to go but I have to go. It is my duty as an officer and a soldier! It is my plessure to serve for people who take the little extra time to say "Thanks!".

Dusty PMed ya! Can you PM your number? I would like to call if you have time.

Stage2

Conley has a Stage 2 4.1 short block for 10k, He also has a twin turbo stage 2 that is really tricked for 14k includes turbos.