t&d roller rockers
champion irons & intake
jay jackson TB/plenum
v2 front mount
stock torque con.
55# inj
hot wired 307 fp

this was ran on 255/50/16 BFG Drag Radials
jim testa STREET chip 18-19# of boost ( mixed fuel for safety )

just wait till I launch this thing hard late in the year w/ some more timing
can you say mid 11's w/ a stock turbo :cool:

I told you it would, now all you need is to do is go out and buy an alky kit and a 44, mid 11's on pump gas. Did you see Fusner at the track, he said there was a new 2wd chevy truck with a 5.3 runnin 14.40's on street tires. We need to head to zanesville and chomp on some of those fartcan-totin ricers.

Sweet :)

I went 11.77 on the stock turbo, IC, injectors and convertor in a TTA with a bone stock 100K mile motor and tranny from TB to Pan with a 1.62 with 21psi.

You don't see too many Buicks getting into the 11s on the stock turbo. Congrats :cool:

I wonder what I am doing wrong !!!
My best run is 12.27 @ 112 with a 1.79 60 foot.
I thought you had to be at 116 mph ++ with a 1.50-1.60 on the
60 foot, before you break into the high 11's..
Am I wrong ??

Fred Vetter ran 11.42 @ 18 PSI with a stock turbo, stock heads, stock I/C, stock injectors, etc. And speculated he could have gone 10s, had he turned up the boost. See Kirban's book...

The bottom line is the stock turbo ain't bad if it's complemented by the right parts, or the tweaking allowed by NHRA Stock Eliminator rules...

:D

my guess would be you can't get much (if any) over 20 lbs boost out of the stock turbo with that combo.......the turbo is a bottleneck....the rest of the motor far outflows it...bigger turbo and that should be very low 11's or high 10's

yea you are exactly right.... the turbo is done and the cam is a cork too... this is basically my other motor that went 11.14 w/ a 63:cool:

Originally posted by sr71gn
tta89

what was changed from stock on your ta to go that fast?

Just the typical mods that are needed, Filter, Chip, Bleeder, Dump pipe in place of cat, adj regulator, springs, lockup, shift kit, trans cooler, 160 thermo, block turbo sucker, tb lines, remove ic trash screen, 340 Fuel Pump, scanmaster with 110 octane. 21psi, 750 02s Nitto Drags with 1.66 60ft got me 11.82@114.88 with best MPH of 116.50.

Its a TTA, they ARE faster and respond better than Regals.

I got tired of the open dump pipe so switched to a 3inch DP (still using the stock elbow) and a full 3inch exhaust and went 11.77@114 with a 1.62 through the exhaust. Stock turbo, ic, injectors, convertor and TB to Pan never been apart.

I was racing the car 3 times a week, running 110 Octane in it all the time, had plenty of seat time and tuning time. This is the key.. Seat time and tuning time. Guys bolt on parts, make 3 passes and complain. I was making like 60 passes a month. I always tested and tuned on the street, took it to the track and raced it.

Bolted on PT51 and 50s, First time out 21psi 11.42@119mph, Added V4 11.21@121.

No need for internal work on these motors

:cool: :cool:

Rebuilding now... We'll see how it does with Heads, Roller Cam, GT66 and a convertor :D

Trent, Congrads are in order.

I love seeing guys "Super Tune" their combo before they throw parts at the motor. I took my neighbor's GN and did the basics and got him to 12.18 with the stock engine, turbo, injectors, and intercooler.

Check my signature. My motor is as stock as the day it left Flint, MI and I ran those numbers with bolt on stuff!

Dave

Originally posted by TRENT THOMPSON
wed. evening I ran 11.95@111.85 1.72 60'
combo as follows
Congrats, my hero:cool: :D
That's my goal with a harder launch/lower 60', but maybe some valve springs.

Send me a copy of that video man. I'm hoping to hit some 11s myself when the engine gets redone. With a CC 206/206 cam, self ported heads, and new valve springs I should make it. BTW, with that low boost what timing is built into your chip?

This is encouraging for me as I have a similar combo. I run ported irons with new springs and stock valves. Ported headers, turbo, tb and intake. Powerstroke IC and a THDP. My car feels pretty strong at 19* on 94 octane. I plan on running 1/8 mile this weekend and I hope for some 7.99's!