11.99 or quicker

5ltretr

I beleive if you go 11.99 or quicker you need a cage in the car, does anyone have this? also does it interefere with rear passanger seating ?

anyone that goes 11.99 or quicker at an NHRA track will have a 5 or 6 point roll bar.....it makes access to the back seat very difficult (unless you are small and nimble)

If you run faster than a 12 sec do they kick you off immediatly even on a tuning night?:confused:

Most places won't immediately kick you out, but you can't run there again until you have the proper equipment.....EVEN on Test & Tune nights

Ryan

IHRA is 11.49 i think there is a whole list of stuff like explosin proof trans blanket and stuff like that but im not shure

Some of the SFI stuff isn't required until 10.99 or faster. No SFI items are required for NHRA @ 12.00 or slower, or IHRA @ 11.50 and slower.

Ryan

a rollbar is not normally considered a "cage".......a cage is usually a minimum of 8 points and is not required until 9.99 and faster (NHRA) Prolly aren't too many daily drivers that need a cage

no reason a roll bar couldn't be in a driver, since you can have removable side bars installed...only downside is backseat access

BTW, you do need an SFI firejacket for 11.99 & down....things like SFI balancers, no c-clips, and trans blankets kick in at 10.99....the list gets very long and expensive at 9.99

You need the c-clip eliminators at 11.99 (NHRA), along with a 5 or 6 point rollbar, fire jacket (but not pants), and 5 point seat belt harness. You need a helmet (Snell 2000, I think, but maybe Snell 95's are still okay) at 12.99 (again, all this is NHRA, not for convertibles, and in NJ everyone needs a helmet), and if you run sticky tires you need a driveshaft loop and they may require open-ended lugnuts so they can easily see that you have all your studs and they are long enough.

Wow! I wasnt aware that you were'nt allowed to wear pants with a fire jacket :) (jk)

ps...The helmet time is 13.99 and faster I believe

Yep, that's why Rich was so annoyed when they wouldn't let him wear shorts, and they guys in the 11's with fire jackets had no pants at all! :). I think it's 10.99 where you have to wear fire retardent pants as well as the jackets. You're right about the helmet at 13.99, sorry about that.

Newest thing they checked for last week was fuctioning neutral safety switch at NED (IHRA).

you can go to the nhra website and get all the rules there, also when you go to the track look at the tech card, the ones at bandimere are broken down into how fast you plan on running, and what you need to run that fast.

every time i go up to the track i forget to take a pair of pants and shoes, i've raced probably 10 tmes in shorts and sandals and no one has said anything about it, they have told me to wear a helmate though...go figure...

abuot drive shaft loops, what does everyone here do for that? is there an enexpensive kit, or just make your own?

Metco makes a nice round red driveshaft loop, direct bolt in.

Even fits a 3.5" aluminum shaft. :)