11.79 @119.69 need help

I have a TE-44 turbo and a 2800 stall converter. I could only leave the line with about 2-4 lbs. and get a 60' time of 1.7 was the best. My car is different there everyones. Not bad 60' but very poor top end with only a 13.6 at 97mph.

Scott

I'm going through the same thing with my car. Can't spool at the line, wait 60' and get pushed back in the seat :)

I'm running an extremely tight red stripe and a PT51. Anything under a 2.0 short time and I'm happy. I wish I could get the 1.6x launches I used to get with the stock turbo and D5. I plan on getting at least a 3000 stall.

I'm basically doing the same times you are, at least mph wise. Scored a 119.7 this weekend. Can't wait to run a good clean run from start to finish.

Hang in there, it'll get better. At least that's what I keep telling myself :)

so far everyone is pointing at the converter, is that high of a stall (3300-3400)good for everyday driving, remind u i drive this car EVERYDAY, EVERYDAY more than my 96 Impala

you will not notice the difference................around town....you will notice the difference when you mat the pedal

Thanks for the info guys, i will be taking the converter out after the Nats and have it re-stall at 3300-3500

What Pump # is your PI?
I ran a #4 pump and it was a little tight.
I now run a #0 and it's great!
With the same turbo you have

I dont know what # it is, what location on the tc can i find it? then i will let u know

Y-hate,

I was checking out your post and I'm still confused as to which chip you were running. I agree with what was stated above. It sounds like your convertor is too tight and your injectors are too small. If you're going to BG look me up I'll be at the Holiday Inn.

Neal AKA:Brutal six

I only had two to choose a street chip from Brutal six(awesome chip)12.013@115 and found an race chip from Ramcharger under my seat. Forgot the Brutal six race chip at home i was in a rush to meet my friend in BG. I will be getting 55# injectors at the Nats