11.5 car whats it take

Do you know which edelbrock timing chain by chain the 7828 or the 7829 they list no difference except for 10 bucks I was going to get the more expensive one but not sure it was right. Or what is everyone else running for timing chain?

Just picked a 206/210 comp roller cam (full throttle). Don't have a new turbo yet but was looking at converters. Would a vigilante 3200 multi disc be a bad converter to pick up. I drive my car all the time so I kinda want lock up.

Yeah I talked to Dusty I a going to wait until after I actually pick the turbo I want then have him spec me a converter. The vigilante was just being sold at a great price so I wanted to jump but price isn't everything.

The multi disk are nice converters. They do tend to rattle at idle and are just as expensive as a nl PTC new. If buying one used be cautious because it may have worn clutches and need a rebuild.

Just have a general pic of the car the motor is a shortblock currently while the heads are getting ported up.
2011-11-16_20.12.01.jpg2011-12-19_20.14.40.jpg

The center caps or the wheels the wheels were 2500 from west coast in federal way locally in washington the wheels were used though and I took apart and painted em the center caps come out of caps unlimited I believe out of florida but Ill probably just get the caps off of ebay.

Just picked a 206/210 comp roller cam (full throttle).
You mentioned earlier you were not going with the roller setup, guess you changed your mind on that. Who is doing the block work for the roller setup?
If my block ever comes out for any reason, a roller is going in and forget the flat tappet issues.
Since the heads are off, I'd do the full port or go Champions...it won't be long before you will want more power anyway so it will just save you from doing it down the road..and since its out...
With that, you will have an easy low 10 motor, just tune it for 11's and it will last a long time :)
Mine is a stock factory long block, heads never been off, only thing that has been changed internally is timing chain and valve springs (Comp 980s) and it consistantly runs in the 11's and 7's in the 8th.
The key for longevitety on these motors is tuning and being able to watch and monitor what is going on. Get some diagnostoc tools to compliment it and for insurance....knock alert guage, laptop scan tool, wide band O2...something like the Gen2 MAF Translator or MAFT Pro makes life easier also.

I pulled the motor pulled the heads off didn't like how the #1 cam bearing looked so I went to replace it and it snow balled into a hone, surface, moly rings, bearings, freeze plugs. So now I have the roller cam not sure on what lifters I want to run have the cash for the morels or 885 comps just dont know if I want to do that or the fwd setup. The thing I like about my motor now is that I can run any head gasket I want now. Might run the rjc though. Heads and intake will eaither be fully ported with bigger valves and such.

The center caps or the wheels the wheels were 2500 from west coast in federal way locally in washington the wheels were used though and I took apart and painted em the center caps come out of caps unlimited I believe out of florida but Ill probably just get the caps off of ebay.

I was talking about the wheels.. Wish I could find a good deal on some hard to come by a good brand like that my way....

Got a little bit of work done towards the goal got to hop on the road and go talk to Gene or Ken about some heads and oiling system mods.