11.49 no roll bar

Pattywacker

Posted in The National Dragster (NHRA's official newspaper) 11-05-2004 All (not just pure stock) competitors will not be required to have a Roll Bar or Jacket until they run faster than 11.50 The driveline loop is still required on anything faster that 13.50 using slicks. I guess that the "Pure stock" thing was too complex for the local tracks.

Originally posted by JP87GN
Now I have a goal of 11.50 and plan to hand Dan his ASS on a silver platter.:D

What's it matter to you that it went from 11.99 to 11.49? You can't even break into the 12's without slicks:eek:

Ouch !!! I guess Dans got braggin' rights til the sun comes out around here again Josh ! Stopped by Geno's place today, all three bays were full of Buicks.

Don't rain on my parade! My GN is tucked away with the car cover for the winter. But when it comes out to play next year I will have something for Dan!:D

Originally posted by JP87GN
Don't rain on my parade! My GN is tucked away with the car cover for the winter. But when it comes out to play next year I will have something for Dan!:D

Ummmmmmmm, 19" wheels? :D

no roll bar till 11.49!!!

I like that for sure. So does that mean I can still use my street slicks? That was one of the reasons I was waiting on a te-44. But I did get my Translator + in and my extender chip is coming next week. :) Car is running a lot better now. pulls really good. I use my car as a daily driver so I put the kids in the back all the time. I do not want to put a roll bar in it takes the fun out of a daily driver :p

Chris

You can use any tire you want, as long as you have a driveshaft loop. I'll try to scan the original article from the "National Dragster" and post it.

Here's the wording copied straight from the National Dragster, should be in the 2005 rule book that will come out in January so it is available before the "Winter Nationals" in February.
" Beginning on Jan. 1 2005 , a roll bar and an SFI 16.1 driver - restraint system will be mandatory on any vehicle running 11.49 or quicker and for convertibles running 13.49 or quicker . An SFI 3.2a/1 jacket will be mandatory for all drivers in vehicles running between 10.00 and 11.49 . A driveshaft loop will be required on all cars running 13.99 or quicker utilizing slicks , exept vehicles equipped with street tires running 11.49 or slower."

drive shaft loop

I wish I would have waited, my loop was a pain to put on. The good thing is I got to race this year :)