10 second turnkey car... CHEAP

King Monza

a.k.a. Mr. Clark
1975 Chevy Monza, CA Edition, numbers matching 350 ci. (Never will need smog!)

The car was last raced a few months ago at Sacramento Raceway and went 10.90 at 121.5 and then 10.88@122. And was then promptly kicked out for not having a roll cage. The car drives on 91 pump gas everywhere and has never had an ounce of race gas. The tires are Mickey Thompson E.T. Radials in the back (255/60) and 185 series fronts.

The Engine:
10.25:1 compression pump gas only 357ci. (350 bored .040)
-TRW Forged Pistons
-New Rings and "Childs and Alberts" bearings as of last year.
-High volume oil pump.
-Ported oil gallies.
-New Cam bearings.
-.600/.600 lift cam on a 110LCA. (Solid Roller!)
-Comp Cams Solid Roller lifters w/ thicker oil band (new win installed last year)
-Oil restricters
-LIGHTLY ported, as in about 10 minutes in cleaning the combustion chambers,aluminum, Brodix, CNC machined, 200cc, Race Rights. There milled down .036 for a little more compression out of the motor by an excelent machine shop in Northern CA.
-K-Motion, Tripple Valve Springs
-Trickflow Pushrods
-1.5 Roller Rockers with ARP caps.
-Aluminum (bling status) water pump

Induction:
-Victor Jr. ported to all hell to match the FelPro 1206
-750 Carburetor, Started its life as a Holley Double pumper but now has the Proform Centerbody with no choke horn and down leg boosters. Also has the Proform 850 baseplate!
-2 inch aluminum carb spacer.
-K&N Air cleaner.

Exhaust:
-Super Comp 1" 5/8 headers.
-3 inch resonator chamber off of the collector
-All 3 inch piping
-3 inch Race bullets
-3 inch turn outs

Fuel System:
-10 Gallon fuel cell
-Holley Blue Pump
-Solid Aluminum 1/2 line
-Aeromotive Regulator
-(-6) line to the carburetor
-additional (-Cool line ran from the front to the back of the car for future use with nitrous or dual pump setup.
-Filter cleaned and changed regularly

Ignition System:
-MSD Digital 6. 2 step, w/ line lock feature (not hooked up), and built in soft touch rev control (set at 7k).
-Duralst Battery mounted (properly/legally) in the trunk.
-Moroso battery shut off switch.
-GM HEI fixed up to run fixed timing with no vacuum advance.
-Accel Super Coil
-8.8mm Accel Black Wires
-Autolite 3924's gapped at .35

Rest of the Drivetrain:
-professionally rebuilt TH-350
-a REAL Art Carr torque Converter
-Rebuilt GM 7.5 10 Bolt with new (8months~ish) posi unit
-3.42 Highway gears.

The Bad:
-Boy is it ugly. If you are looking to win a car show, save yourself the time and trouble and go by a dime a dozen Camaro , Chevelle , Corvette , Mustang , etc.
-It leaks oil. I can't find where, and I don't have time to mess with it since school has now started. I know it is, for sure, NOT the rear main seal, as i had changed that earlier this summer thinking that was the cause.
-Will piss your neighbors off.
-Needs paint.
-Not to much of an interior left. No back seats, carpet, or plastics.
-Old car, it needs to be maintained. (knuckle busters are in your future!)

The Good:
-Old car, it needs to be maintained (Has kept me out of trouble for the past few years)
-You can't build a car this fast, for this much money, period.
-The car is a confirmed, ten second car and has gone high sixes in the eighth several times.
-The car is friendly to street driving.
-You will never see another one on the road next to you.
-You will never lose an impromptu street light to street light race.... ever!
-Literally hooks and books with a 1.6-1.5 60ft.
-Will piss your neighbors off.
-Last year, for Hot August Nights (2006), the motor was put into a back halved race car to see what its best pass would be on bottle.... and it went 9.73@137 with a 150 shot!!!
-The motor was built to handle 220+ shot of nitrous.
-With a good rear end and some chassis work, this would be an easy low 9 second car.

So thats about all I have for info on the car. If you would like to know anything else about it, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions. I will entertain all trades on anything reliable plus some cash, maybe even a street bike. I will consider all reasonable offers, trades, or ideas.

Mike
707 372 1767
MClark707@gmail.com

Here is the video of the car running in Sacramento Raceway, the time is blocked out, but I have the slips here with me for proof:

YouTube - What My Car Really Runs

$6500 turnkey
$2400 Roller

dsc00219_640x480_194.jpg

monzaback_159.jpg