10 second 87 WE4 T, 70k miles

Steve

I have decided to sell my 70K mile hardtop WE4 to fund other projects. I bought the car about 1.5 years ago with 68K miles on it with a rod knock. The previous owner bought a set of injectors that he thought were 50's but turned out to be 36's. The 36's with a chip for 50's was lean and caused the engine damage. I have been thru the motor, trans, and rear since I bought it and have put less than 1500 miles on it with 500 being break-in on the motor and another 400-500 on the Power Tour last year. The car has no rust whatsoever. The car has been well cared for and garage kept its entire life. The factory paint still looks good but it does show some age. The interior is in great condition. The steering wheel has no sun damage, the headliner has been replaced and the seats and carpet look great. It comes with 6 GNX style wheels, 4 with radials and 2 with drag radials. It has gone 10.76 @ 126 on pump gas/alky and drag radials on a pretty slick track. It has more in it. I am confident it will run 10.50's on a good track especially if it is close to sea level. Below is a list of the major items the car has but I am sure I am missing some of the smaller things. I want $15,900 for it. I am not hard up for money, or going hungry so please no low ballers. Thanks

109 block with center billet mains
4340 forged crank(internal balance)
JW SFI flywheel
Speed Pro forged pistons
ARP fasteners(mains, rod bolts, and head studs)
208/208 Full Throttle cam
Comp duble roller chain
Ported irons
ATR extrenal gate Stainless DP
Tial 38mm wastegate
Motoron 60's
Accufab billet regulator
Devilsown dual nozzle progressive alky system
TT alky chip and Red's 93 and 107
4" cold air with filter relocated in front of core support
PTE front mount(custom stainless piping)
PT-70 P-trim turbo with .63 housing(spools great)
Dual 3" aluminized exhaust, exits in stock location
built 200r4 w/ billet hard parts, red clutches & band(from CK Performance)
Cast aluminum deep trans pan with 4l60 filter
PI Vigilante multi-disc Billet faced converter 3400
Moser axles and Auburn posi in stock 8.5 rear
Walbro 340
F-body aluminum radiator
Aluminum rear drums
aluminum bumper brackets
6 point Chromoly roll bar by www.tydoracecars.com
New fiberglass bumper fillers

Attachments

• we4 003.jpg
    we4 003.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,504
  • we4 004.jpg
    we4 004.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,492
  • we4 006.jpg
    we4 006.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,497
  • we4 007.jpg
    we4 007.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,495
  • WE4sm1.JPG
    WE4sm1.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,483
Here a couple of more pics

Attachments

• GNcage 002.jpg
    GNcage 002.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,477
  • GNcagesm01.JPG
    GNcagesm01.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,469
I have had some questions about the roll bar and the back seat. The backseat still remains 100% useable. The pic below isn't very good but it shows how the rear bars run. They are close the headliner and go thru the rear speaker holes. I went from a 6X9 speaker to a 6" round speaker so the stereo still sounds great and the rear seat is still 100% useable. The roll bar currently has no cross bar in it. I have a piece of chromoly tubing for the crossbar but my local track hasn't said anything about it yet so I haven't installed it because it is safer on the street with my daughters riding in back. I was/am planning to make the crossbar removeable for street use when it came time to install it. My little girls ride in the back all the time and have no problems. I have sat in the back and there is plenty of headroom for me also.

Attachments

• GNcage 005sm.jpg
    GNcage 005sm.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,334
Thanks! I am sure I will miss it, but for me its more about getting a car together than it is about having it when its done. I love it when the UPS man brings new parts!!!:biggrin:

I have had a few people inquire about how streetable the car is. It is 100% streetable and could be a daily driver. When I drove it on the Power Tour I had the cruise set on 75-80 on the interstate and it got 22-23 mpg and had no problems whatsoever. It really drives like a stocker until you get into it. :biggrin: I normally keep the DR's on it all the time but I swapped over to the street radials for the Power Tour and it would smoke the tires from a 60 roll!:eek:

I had a request for underside pics so I took a few and decided to go ahead and post them here also.

Attachments

• we4 008.jpg
    we4 008.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,155
  • we4 009.jpg
    we4 009.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,155
  • we4 010.jpg
    we4 010.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,146
  • we4 011.jpg
    we4 011.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,146
I cant believe this car is still for sale!!!!!All the updrades are at least 10 grand plus and you get a low milage WE4 on top of that.All the work is done just enjoy and go to the track.Nice car!!!!!

I cant believe this car is still for sale!!!!!All the updrades are at least 10 grand plus and you get a low milage WE4 on top of that.All the work is done just enjoy and go to the track.Nice car!!!!!

Thanks Mike. I think the car would sell for $12K pretty easily if it was stock. Its getting harder and harder to find a good car that isn't "used up". This car is not hacked up in any way. Nothing has been cut or modified so that it couldn't go right back to stock. I refuse to drill holes in anything. I bought the intercooler bare with no hardware or pipes and made everything for it and it all mounts using existing holes that are in every car and requires no mods to the car at all. The wiring is not hacked up either. I am an electronics tech by trade and everything is wired as it should be. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this car.

we-4

Very nice car steve, you like to run them a few times and sell them, when you get the bugs out and that is a great way for someone to buy a car. I bet this car has a lot of passes left in it. It would be nice to see this car at the shoot-out at noble on 10/27, thanks ted ps: good luck with the sale and we know who did the machine work on the motor and know it was done right.

Thanks Ted. Your right, Dicus builds a great motor and my next will definately go to him also. If the motor that was in the WH1 is any indicator this motor will go for on for years! I wish I would have realized that Noble was that weekend before I commited to the Midwest Shootout in KC the following weekend.

This car is exactly the way I would build one.I've been around these cars alot and have always wanted one.But....my wife and daughter don't like the Buicks and would rob me of my manly hood if I offered a trade.So,ttt for an awesome street car! Good luck with the sell.
p.s. Maybe one day I'll step up to the plate and buy a buick and get away from the Mustangs.

I'm looking for another TR. Do you still have this car Steve, BTW this wasn't a car from Oklahoma was it?

Thanks Ted. Your right, Dicus builds a great motor and my next will definately go to him also. If the motor that was in the WH1 is any indicator this motor will go for on for years! I wish I would have realized that Noble was that weekend before I commited to the Midwest Shootout in KC the following weekend.

The motor in the old WH-1 is still running strong! Fixed vacumn leak,put in a new timing chain, Ls-1 maf & translator, Razor alky kit with 93 octane and turbo tweak chip, plus mild suspension adjustments 1/8 mile = 6.71 104.52. She really loves the alky ;) Dicus defintally knows how to build a motor that will last, especially the way i've agravaited it:D Your WE-4 is a very nice car, i'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. Who ever buys this car will be getting a class act. If i wouldn't have the WH-1 i would be all over this. I have to thank you and Ted for the Wh-1, i really love this car.

I'm looking for another TR. Do you still have this car Steve, BTW this wasn't a car from Oklahoma was it?

No, this car was bought new in KY and was there until 2001 when a friend of a friend bought it at the GS Nats in 2001 with 46K miles on it. The second owner lived in Greenville Mississippi which is who I got it from. I have a pretty big stack or paper work that has all kinds of reciepts from when the car was new to present.

The motor in the old WH-1 is still running strong! Fixed vacumn leak,put in a new timing chain, Ls-1 maf & translator, Razor alky kit with 93 octane and turbo tweak chip, plus mild suspension adjustments 1/8 mile = 6.71 104.52. She really loves the alky ;) Dicus defintally knows how to build a motor that will last, especially the way i've agravaited it:D Your WE-4 is a very nice car, i'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. Who ever buys this car will be getting a class act. If i wouldn't have the WH-1 i would be all over this. I have to thank you and Ted for the Wh-1, i really love this car.

I am glad to hear the WH1 is still doing great. That is a heck of car. One of my favorite cars I have ever owned. It just flat went fast every time with no drama at all. Dicus definately knows what he is doing with a Buick motor and I appreciate Ted recomending him to me.

What is "109 block with center billet mains "?

I am new to turbo motors, and am curious of what that means.

Also, who did the motor work?

Thanks,
Mike