10 Roush Stage 3 or 11 Shelby Gt500?

Here's a pack of Shelby's at Fontana (Auto Club) Speedway. They are being passed by a faster Shelby. Actually, that red 500 SS in the back was the fast car of the day.:cool: The red/black FWD Shelby was a few tics back in second:) Corner one after 150MPH front strait is the scariest corner in the country IMO:eek:

Alan

Attachments

• Team Shelby CA Speedway.jpg
    Team Shelby CA Speedway.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 762
GT500 > Roush all day long. Look at the plus's of the Shelby 5.4 vs 4.6, 4v heads vs 3V heads, and Forged guts vs stock cast stuff. Plus look what kind've HP the Shelby can gain with just a pulley/tune.

no way !! GNBRETTS car is awesome IF you want a Buick!! I did hallucinate about it BUT if push came to shove I'd go NEW and the GT 500 is where I would go :p A few mods and your in the 10s. Hell aren't you tired of Buicks to ??? Wasn't that was the reason you wanted out ?? :confused:

ZR1 and ur in the 10s :eek:

Sounds like the Shelby is the overwhelming choice.......I guess it's hard to argue with a supercharged 550hp motor. Actually picking up a 11 Race Red Shelby w/the performance package this Friday. Can't wait........I post pics

I just sold my 87 GN that only had 18,900 original miles to get the Shelby. The one I'm getting stickers at 53,365 with the SVT performance package. A base Shebly is $49,495. The only options you can get on the Shelby is Navigation, Performance package, glass roof or the upgraded stereo (not available with performance package). I like the Camaro and Challengers, but the Shelby is just a whole different animal.

Shelby can hold 1000 hp. Not sure about the Roush, doubt it. Then again I dont know much about these cars.

You are pushing the limits at that number on a Shelby, I have one that is in that range of rwhp and that is at the very far limit of the motor. More or less when my car is on high boost its on barrowed time. But in the upper 700's you are ok its once you hit the magic number of 800 rwhp plus. You can get ready to order a short block, stock rods just like to give out in that area.

OP- the Shelby is a lot more mod friendly and the Roush, plus when you go to sell the Roush it is only valued as a GT. Something to think about.

well went to a track rental yesterday and there was a new Mustang GT 5.0 there. Bolt on's only.. 11.0s at "119/120" I think. I didn't see his last run but someone's brother Vinny told my cousin who told me that he did run a 10.9 !!:biggrin: Oh the car belonged to "Livernoismotorsports" .. Very impressive!!

Found a post from "Livernois" Car didn't have just bolt ons:eek: ummm .. dammmit.. I was .. well I was WRONG !! Hope the wife doesn't read this. :p Still very impressive. A nice Black GT 500 there yesterday to.. 10.80s. Don't know how much was done to the car and will not guess as having my foot in my mouth isn't to tasty:biggrin: Really like the newer Mustangs. Anyone want to buy a nice 88 RX7 ?? Buick powered of course :p

Dan saw a brand new 5.0 stick with a girl would could really drive it, and it ran 13.60's at 108 mph in the cool air.

Sorry guys....but I find it slightly difficult to get excited about these things. Do we really need a "special" edition Mustang for every TV show, tuner, or race track that ever had a Mustang involved? I mean, come on....here is the list of every special edition Mustang, keeping in mind, this is only the 2010 model year. :eek:

SMS 460
SMS 460X
SMS 302 4v
SMS 302 SC
Roush Stage 1
Roush Stage 2
Roush Stage 3
Roush Stage 3 Barrett-Jackson Edition
Roush 427R
Roush 540RH Hammer
Roush V6 Dub Edition
Steeda Q
Steeda Sport Edition
Galpin Auto Sports Boss 281
Galpin Auto Sports Tony Hawk Edition
Reed Speed SSE
Shelby GT-500 Super Snake
Shelby GT-350
Shelby/Roush SR-71 Blackbird
AV-X10 Dearborn Doll
Saleen 435S
Saleen S281
Saleen S302
Saleen S302 Mustang Week Special Edition
Autograf GT
Sherrod Mustang
Hurst Pace Car
Hurst Performance Series
Hurst Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Pace Car
Ford Racing Boss 302R
Ford Racing Boss 302R1
Ford Racing FR500 Cobra Jet
Shinoda Boss
Shinoda Boss Legacy GT
Shinoda Boss Level 1
Vaughn Gittin Jr. RTR
Vaughn Gittin Jr. RTR-C
California Special
Dub Edition Widebody
Daytona 500 Pace Car
Cervinis C-500
Pedders USA Saleen S281 SR
Boss 302
Boss 302 Leguna Seca Edition

Agreed. But geez, I didn't know it was THAT bad! Looks like the most "limited edition" model of all is the base :biggrin:

I'm not really a Ford guy but I am a fan of bas a$$ cars and that new GT500 has me looking twice or 3 times at it. It really is bad looking. Get the Blue one.

Here is a pic of the new car. Deceided the go with the Shelby instead of the Roush. The GN will be missed, but this thing is pretty sweet.

Attachments

• IMG00149-20101022-1105.jpg
    IMG00149-20101022-1105.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 532
Here is a pic of the new car. Deceided the go with the Shelby instead of the Roush. The GN will be missed, but this thing is pretty sweet.

Sweet!

I just ordered a 2011 Cali Special in that same color. Sold my 03 Cobra. Keeping my GN thou.

Roommate had a 2010 GT500. Cracked a head at 6000 miles which led to more and more problems. Ford bought it back.

Now he is in a 2011 Black Vette.

Carry on.

Jason