10 bolt gives up and wipes T400 out

Who knows about the chicken or egg scenario. Wish I knew for sure.

The guy that set the gears up for me was a friend in my home town that was a heavy equipment mechanic for CAT with a lot of racing mechanic experience (Power Glides and rear ends).
We checked the tooth pattern before bolting the girdle on and it looked good to both of us. These gears had less than 50 passes. Ummmmmm!!!!

I am curious about your ride.
How in the world do you get mid 1.2x 60' times.
What have you done to your suspension?
What is your race weight?
Launch boost and RPM?
Transbrake or footbrake?
10.5 slicks?
Does it wheelie more than 4-6"?

For me, a 1.2x would be the holy grail.
I had a 3900 lb BBC chevelle with a lot of NOS that I did everything I could to get the stock suspension tuned (adjusted instant center, shocks, etc) with aftermarket parts and the best I ever got was a 1.36 with low to mid 1.4x being normal.
This Buick wanted to wheel stand at first.
Finally worked it down to 4-6" wheelies with boost ramp control and shocks.
Obviously, I have a lot more to do to get a 1.2x 60'. Hope I live long enough.

We need a better track - no way to get better 60fts where we are...

This type of failure is difficult to analyze. This failure looks similar to what would happen when you do first gear burnouts and the sprag takes a shock load. With that being said the rear could have failed and caused a monetary high spin up and grab then boom. Looking at the pics It appears to be a direct drum failure from over speeding. Forward drum looks intact and never usually fails.
Or
The sprag could have failed or been compromised and after the band release it decided to make parts. An instantaneous load/unload/load condition may be to much shock on the rear.
AG
interestingly enough mylog says that I launched at 5200 on the t-break.
1/4 second later rpm was 4950 and boom
0.66 sec later rpm peaked at 7400 and I had lifted
I'm thinking the damage was done before the 7400
I was in low gear